Just when I thought we dodged the bullet on getting sick, that nasty bug somehow found us. Who gave him directions? Guess all my good luck from knocking on wood ran out. Knocking on formica doesn't count? Spencer came home this morning from spending the weekend with his father, looking pale and feeling nauseated. Sent him to bed..... Last night Sammi and I spent another sleepless night in the livingroom. She would try to sleep, but coughing fits just wouldn't allow her to get any real rest. As I watched her doze during a short nap this morning, my *mom instincts* told me that this was more than just a cold. So acting upon that inner voice I brought her in to the Dr's to get checked.
I'm so glad I did. The Dr. suspects that she has left lower lobe pneumonia. He said he didn't like what he heard "lots of rice krispies". Because she is still drinking, he didn't need to hospitalize her. He's started her on antibiotics for 10 days. If she becomes any worse or if she isn't any better in 3 days, it's back to the Dr's for her. My poor Sam. She's being so good about it all. She's not complaining & still trying to play but tires easily. Tonight, once again Sammi cannot get comfortable enough to settle down. It's 1am and she is awake sitting on the couch coughing like she smokes 2 packs a day . Another night of no sleeping....
Unfortunately Mikey is showing symptoms that he is coming down with this cold too. His drippy nose has progressed to a deep cough. I predict by weeks end I'll be back at the Dr's and have another little body sitting on the couch keeping Sammi and I company. :::sigh::: Well, going to see if I can settle her down somehow. I won't lie, it's scary watching your little ones so sick. Think I'll say a prayer tonight, it's been awhile.
"Hey God, it's me Michelle...."
18 comments:
Ok blame me for sending him. But Ive had him twice this year and decided it was time for him to go. john
Michelle, I hear ya' when it comes to having sick children in the house. Pneumonia is a very scary thing and I am so happy that you trusted your mommy instincts and took Sam to the docs! Hopefully within a few days the antibiotic will kick in. If you notice she isn't getting any better within 48 hours, take her back to the docs, the antibiotic may have to be switched. As you know, we are SUPERMOMS!! Hang in there!
Hugs, Lisa
Oh Michelle, they look so sweet sitting there together....I hope they are better soon...
~Tina
The picture is great! They could be twins. And that curly hair....WOW! Love it. I know sick babies are just about the worst thing ever. We just came out of the darkness of a rotavirus! I am sending get well soon vibes your way.
Stacy
I'm so sorry your little ones are sick. Every time Parker gets the slightest sniffle...I'm convinced he needs to go to the doctor. (I'm acting like the parents I always made fun of when I was in nursing school...LOL).
But I have to tell you, Michelle...that is the CUTEST picture ever! Those two kids are adorable!
I'll be saying a little prayer for you, too. =)
Love,
bridgett
Kids with hair that cute shouldn't get sick! Hope everyone mends soon!
ahhh...breaking my heart here! I know what it's like to have little ones sick, it puts me in a helpless feeling state. Last year I struggled with my little boy, he was constantly coming down with a cold, drippy nose, and a terrible cough. The doctor had him on prednasone <-sp? for a short time, and then antibiotics to clear it all up. Late nights! I'll be thinking of ya, if that helps at all...
Awwww... poor sick baby!! Just keep pushing those fluids, Michelle. Humidifier... soup.. lots of love. I hate when kids are sick. If you hold her face down over your lap with her head at a down angle and massage or even lightly pound her back, you can bring some of the congestion up. I'll be praying for her. And you!
:(
You've got some cute curly-headed kids!
Sorry they are not feeling well, if it helps
I'll send a prayer too!
Love ya, Penny
Michelle!!!
Your kiddies are beautimus!!! Sorry they're under the weather but they'll be just fine of course (I have an 'in' with the Pope). :-) Thanks for stopping by earlier!
Gregg
Remind me not to knock on Formica anymore! So sorry your little one feels bad, heres hoping she gets better real soon! :::crosses fingers:::
~Mary
Awww, your poor babies. It's just so frustrating seeing little tykes sick, their bodies racked with coughing and there isn't much you can do about it but give them lots of TLC. Sam is being such a trooper, what a brave little girl. I hope Mikey doesn't come down with it, too. I'll say a little prayer for all you three.
Hey God, please hear Michelle. Keep us posted honey. Being sick is a bummer but when kids are sick, it's a BIG bummer! :( Remember, kids are resilient. But still, Ommm
Aw..Hey Michelle, it's Mia :) Bless your little one's heart. Bless your heart. I know how you feel. Isn't it awesome how they can keep going and smiling all the while. Oh well, why worry? That is what we moms are for, right? Adorable picture. A moment to treasure in the future, although difficult at the moment. Y'all are in my prayers.
Michelle, I will say a prayer for both of your little ones. It's very scary watching your kids be so sick, and feeling so helpless. I hope they get better real soon sweety!
Hugs Beverly
Hello Michelle, wanted to stop by and congratulate you for being picked for the Editor's top five.
I am getting past the bug myself so I can imagine what you are going through. Hope your little ones are ok, and you are getting some rest. Will stop back by to check,
RC
Congradulations on being one of the top 5. You got a nice journal! We homeschool & I have two girls one 23 who graduated from Homeschooling & is teaching at a private school & one 16 who has her permit now. Both care for the elderly, love kids & animals & take Karate & Piano. We also go camping. Post in my journal & see how our daily life goes on I 'd love to hear from you. LORI
aww your kids there just to cute~!
Post a Comment