Wednesday, February 18, 2004

I'm NOT jealous!

The bad news is that our trip to Florida was a bust. But the good news is I get to watch my sister's beagle, named Brandy, for 2 weeks while her family goes to Florida.  Ok, so I'm just trying to be upbeat and not jealous, lol.  Oooooh, did I mention that my OTHER sister is also going to Florida for 2 weeks with her family too? :::sigh::: (I'm NOT jealous, I'm NOT jealous...)  Nope, not working.

I had doubts about watching her, because in the past our dog Vixen and Brandy have had their differences.  I also worried that maybe Brandy would be too interested in my bunny that lives in the kitchen.  And then there's our old cat Felix to consider....  Because plans to go to FL were last minute, all the kennels  were filled. Well, just look at that picture. Those sad brown eyes, how could I say no?  So, heeeeeere's Brandy.  Whoa, just had a Johnny Carson flashback.  I'm actually pleased at how well the transition is going, much better than I anticipated.

As soon as Brandy got in the van, she scoffed up a pack of crackers that were for the babies.  Sammi began crying. Then while on the ride home, she snapped at Spencer as he tried to take away a petrified food scrap she scouted out from underneath the seat in our van.  Upon arriving home, Vixen and Brandy had a scuffle and then right before bed she christened our livingroom rug with a puddle of pee. Today Brandy has settled in and is fun to have around.  She has a very stubborn but sweet personality, is awesome with the babies, only one small scuffle today with Vixen over a dog treat, no pee accidents, and she just LOVES Spencer.  She is his shadow.  Her silly antics and shrill beagle howls have had us all laughing today.  Laughter is always good, always bonding, always soothing to the soul.... Side-note to my sister:  You'd better bring me a good souvenir or we're keeping the dog, lol.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a good sister!

Anonymous said...

Awww - cute picture. I love beagles. Hunny has a beagle-howl and she tends to be drawn to them. Her first best friend was a beagle. hehehe Soooo sorry about the Florida thing [I'm even jealous] but that's the last time I'll mention it. :x Have fun with all the pets and kids! :)

Anonymous said...

Great sidenote, lol. Thats too bad about the Florida trip, but Brandy is adorable! Glad she is bringing some laughs your way. :)
~Mary

Anonymous said...

"She has a very stubborn but sweet personality..." Wait, you're describing my daughter! I've been known to think of her as the one-word equivalent to "female dog" but I don't think she's morphed into a beagle quite yet. But I'd be glad to go off to Florida while you watch her. I'll even bring back a good souvenir!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Why would you threaten to keep the dog!?!?? He's a monster! LOL! You'd better watch out... Brandy might be pullin' a jeckle and hyde act on ya! Never let your guard down... That will only give her control! ;o) (glad to hear that she has settled down... for a second there, I thought I was reading about Styles!)

Anonymous said...

What a cute dog....and I don't even like dogs....
I hope you do get a good souvenir!
~Tina

Anonymous said...

Awww...look at that sweet little puppy face. How can you resist? =)

I'm sorry that your entire family gets to go to Florida, and you don't. I just think this means you'll get something EXTRA special next year...and they won't. LOL

XO ~ Bridgett

Anonymous said...

I love beagles! and he's sooo adorable. and I am glad he's fitting in real nice, and bringing a little sunshine into the home. :)

Anonymous said...

He looks adorable. I'm glad you had a better dog-sitting experience than Slomo, who seems to be stuck with literally a bitch from hell, lol.

Anonymous said...

Michelle. We will be thnking of you today. Party at my house with the family here. Won't be the same without you. But, I finally get to meet Nate. I'll have Di call and say hello to Brandy....miss ya...oh yeah, Mikes boss is a @#$...y'all come back...ya'here?

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, I missed this entry the other day! ::thumping myself on the head:: I adore beagles! I had one for many years named, Fred. Love the side note to your sis! I'd keep the pup too!

Anonymous said...

Would you believe it...??????  The dog and I have so much in common.  My name is Brandy, her name is Brandy.  She likes crackers and kids, I like crackers and kids.  However, I only pee on the rug on Tuesdays...