Wednesday, February 4, 2004

I Know I Should Write....

preview   preview

I know I should write, but I'm just tired....

I'm uninspired

                   and unmotivated...

I've been so busy, but still I'm bored.

                                            Does that make sense?

I need a hobby.  Got a new sewing machine for Christmas.  I sewed one seam, opened a pattern and looked at it, felt overwhelmed and put it away and there it sits.  I haven't touched my piano or guitar in about a year, and when I sing, it's a lullabye.  Just wondering where I've gone?  Where is the Michelle time?  It seems that the only time I am alone these days is in the bathroom with the door locked.  Maybe I can understand now why my Dad used to spend so much time in there. :::smile::::

Don't get me wrong.  I know I am blessed.  I have an incredible husband who loves me, three great kids who occasionally drive me crazy, what more could a woman want?  Ok, I want "me" time because I know I should write, but I'm just tired....

I'm uninspired

                     and unmotivated... 

I've been so busy, but still I'm bored.

                                              Does that make sense?

           

                                              

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

It makes sense to every woman who's ever had a baby, Michelle. =)

I'm sorry you're feeling so stir-crazy. Spring really is just around the corner. Hang in there kiddo!

Love ya,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

Yes, it makes perfect sense! What you are is restless. You need a break. Perhaps you can claim an afternoon to yourself, have hubby or a relative take care of the kids and engage in some Michelle time? A hot bath with candles, wine and chocolates. Then curl up with a magazine or a book afterwards.

Anonymous said...

You get alone time in the bathroom? Lucky you! :) My son still walks in on me, so does the husband....sheesh! "Busy, but still bored." Makes perfect sense....Describes my life too. I think it's not so much what's happening on the outside, but INSIDE us that makes us have that feeling..... take care~ Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hi sOng..how you feel might have s`thg to do with your last post...think it would for me.
V.

Anonymous said...

I know that it makes perfect sense to me!
~Tina

Anonymous said...

Oh you just described my life....completely....your words are just alot sweeter than mine would have been..................Deanna

Anonymous said...

that makes TOTAL sense to me...lol, it describes my life right about now. I have new ventures coming up, but no time for me lately! Last night I finally got to read some pages of my book:::sigh::: <Note to Michelle>....dump kids on husband and go to mall, have a smoothie, take in a movie, go to bookstore and browse books while sipping latte, go have facial, nails done.....spend more time in bathroom.....LOL.

Beverly

Anonymous said...

Everone feels this way sometimes. I take care of a 82 year old and a 12 year old soon to be 13 and married to a 50 year old run a seafood business try to keep it all going and some days I wonder wether they would notice if I took a vacation!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful entry Michelle. Makes complete sense. This is art/poetry in itself. Sometimes we need to hit these vulnerable places to channel the creativity. How about scheduling 5 minutes with your guitar in hand or just sitting on the piano bench? Sing your favorite song as a lullabye [rather than a traditional lullabye]. Remember too that creativity ebbs and flows - and it's all part of the process. When you're not writing/singing you're still creating! Make time for you!

Anonymous said...

these doldrums come to remind us to be grateful, and it sounds like you are ...

Don't worry about writing when it doesn't come, just go read and comment or something instead! That's what I do!

~ Karyn

Anonymous said...

I'm uninspired

and unmotivated...

I've been so busy, but still I'm bored.

Does that make sense?



YEP. I hear ya, I totally understand. Penny

Anonymous said...

I long for those times when I can finally be alone! Then I end up doing the same old things! Computer, reading, sleeping!
Mary

Anonymous said...

A mentor of mine once gave me some great advice (I call her "yoda" for things like this--and her demeanor!)....Invite somebody over and make something new! At the time I made a mint-melon salad. Yum :) Maybe your kids can help?
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Makes perfect sense!

Anonymous said...

Makes perfect sense to me. Want me to make you smile? You said you should write but were uninspired and unmotivated...but LOOK! you wrote. Barb

Anonymous said...

You're such a little poetess. I love that. Even when you're tired and uninspired. :)

Anonymous said...

ahhh...it makes perfect sense to me.

Anonymous said...

i know exactly how you feel. i feel the same way lately. I am always at work and when i'm not working i'm running errands. I hate it coz i never get the "me" time anymore. All i can say to you is this, get up, start typing and the groove will catch up with you.

It's actually more frustrating losing the passion behind writing because sometimes that's ALL we have. Just the inner man voicing out what he's feeling.