Thursday, February 12, 2004

The Big Green Chair

Well, there they are, sitting on the same big green chair watching TV.  Both are still quite sick, but I think they are on the road to recovery from this horrible upper respiratory infection.  The antibiotics seem to be helping them and last night was the first time in 6 days that they both slept through the night. :::doing the happy dance::: I can't tell you how good it felt to spend the night in my bed, 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep.  Heaven!   

Our local drugstore has sent us a thank-you note in the mail; thanking us for being one of their best customers this past week.  Ok, so they didn't really, but it sure would be appreciated.  We have gone through 2 bottles of children's tylenol, 1 bottle of benadryl, too many boxes of kleenex, Vicks vapor rub, 2 prescriptions of antibiotics, jugs of gatorade/orange juice and 1 yankee candle hot cocoa scent, yum!!   I've put on a few pounds in the past few days and I blame THAT candle.  In my attempts to escape this infection, I have been using alot of Purell hand sanitizer.  I really like it, but a word to the wise, don't immediately rub your eyes after using, lol. 

For my sanity, I have decided that I need "me" time.  And so last night after the babes were in bed, I sat at the piano.  It has been at least a year.... Amazingly, although rusty, my fingers knew what to do.  Within a few minutes, I was playing and singing some of my old favorite songs.  I forgot how soothing to the soul my music is to me.  Stress be gone and take this cold/flu with you....

 *AOL picked me to be in their top 5 this week... I feel so emotionally moooooooooo-ved.  "They like me, they REALLY like me" 

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Songbird, cngratulations on your Numero Tres in the Journal of the week awards!! Way to go! I am sorry to hear that you purchased one of the calorie/fat laden Yankee candles. I am also glad to know that a candle can actually make a person fatter. The documentation is right here on your site. The next time I gain weight I will be blaming my Cinnamon Apple candle.

Anonymous said...

michele - your children are beautiful...and this journal is great - congratulations of being one of the editor's picks this week...

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful journal! No wonder you received best pick of the week.

Please visit my journal:
http://journals.aol.com/jeanwarren/JeanetteWarrenCPA/entries/64/
It's mostly about taxes, but I also try to post a few fun things in between

Anonymous said...

Congrats on top 3, Songbird! I'm always happy to find someone I "know" on the list. Great job.

Robin

Anonymous said...

ARE YA'LL WATCHING DRAGON TALES??!?!?!? I LOVE THAT SHOW! LOL! And I don't even have kids!!! HAHA!! Emmy & Max! LOL!! I hope you feel better soon... I always thought that knocking on formica worked, but I guess you can't knock on a knock-off... ;o) I know you don't feel well, but try to smile! :o)

Anonymous said...

Of course they like you, But WE love you!
Glad the children are feeling better. Love the
baby bottle pics of them, so cute. I have alot
of those pics with Dallis. She used to call her
bottle "bobis", lol!
Love you, and congrats on the pick!
Penny

Anonymous said...

Congratz on the Penta=Glow. And the more you play the Piano,
the better the kids will get over their schniffles. Perhaps.
Valentine smooches from the Slack...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
Mary

Anonymous said...

Hey sweet love bug! Look who made AOL's top 5! Woohoo! But you don't need AOL to tell you how wonderful you and your journal are! :) Congrats.

And wow...what a moving moment, at the piano. So glad to hear you got yourself there. That's all it takes huh? Just one moment in time...to soothe the soul - and it's just like riding a bike. Soooo glad to hear you found the time for YOU last night!! xo

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!!! MOM....TOP 5....And PIANO
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vince

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being picked for the top five! (that's how I found you). I'm 41 with 3 kids too, you'll have to visit me when you do make it to Florida. You can come visit on my journal for now :-) Hope everyone's better soon! I'll be back!

Anonymous said...

Michelle....Congrats on the top 5 pick!
And, I am so glad you took a minute for the piano...keep doing that!
~Tina

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Top Five!

I'm glad you some time all to yourself to enjoy the piano, you certainly deserved some off time!

I hope you and the kids feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

LOL, Michele ... that was cute at the end. I have to admit you deserve to be in the top 5 ... I've always loved reading your entries. :) I may not comment much, but, I visit.
Smilin Mon

Anonymous said...

How perfect that you made the Editor's top 5 pick! Congrats! Your kids are gorgeous, and I've been a fan of your journal for some time now. I think your cold/flu bug is on the move. <coughcoughsniffcough>

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS TO YOU!!!.....I am glad the kids are better. Sat at the ER for 5 hrs yesterday with my own...On top of a Sinus infection she gets a stomach virus, unable to hold her meds down her temp shot up to 104.5. Better today. 5 hrs for some Phenergan!!!...........................Deanna

Anonymous said...

congratulation on top 5! and so glad the kids are on the mend...
i love your journal, i read every day altho i don't always comment, i am enjoying.... take care ~cindy

Anonymous said...

WooHoo! Our Michelle made the Editor's Pick List! Can't think of a single person who deserves it more. You're journal is terrific.

So glad to hear the little ones are on the mend. It must have been a long couple of weeks for you!

And how lovely you played the piano last night. I've always wanted to learn to play...just never got around to it. I can play the clarinet, oboe, and snare drum though!! LOL

Love you!

Anonymous said...

I hope the bebes are feeling better!!

Anonymous said...

Feel better all of you! thanks for visiting my journal and leaving uplifting messages. makes my day :) ~liz

Anonymous said...

We all like you, REALLY like you. LOL Seriously though, congratulations. I have wondered why they didn't pick you sooner.
Barb-

Anonymous said...

Hi Miz Michelle. My name is Jeri. I would like to congratulate on making AOL J-Land's top five favorites of the week. It seems like you deserve it. Come to my journal anytime!
http://journals.aol.com/writerchic477/Jeri/

XO Jeri

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting Editor's Pick! Well-deserved!! And glad to hear the kids are feeling better. But the next time you sit down at that piano, be sure to make a WAV file of it. I wanna hear!!

Anonymous said...

Yes you were picked and the talent is there. Congrats. john

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear that they are doing better, and they are so gosh-darn cute sitting there together. I know how you feel, hon..I can relate. Stephen is on the mend too! (thanks for stopping by our J and checking on him!) OH! Congrats on the top 5! You've got it goin' on here!

Anonymous said...

i am so glad you kids are feeling better! my babies had the same thing , so sad when you feel helpless . I am also glad you are playing paino again . as i said i have not painted in a while and intend to do so after i finish reading your wonderful journal.
and congrats on being one of the top 5 you deserve it!
melissa

Anonymous said...

congrats on being nominated! (Sorry I forgot) :)

Anonymous said...

oh, good glad to hear the little ones are on the mend, my little boy is just starting to OFF his mend :( I LOVE the piano, and singing I grew up with one in the house. I played the flute in band as well, I miss that flute.....