Summer is just skipping along. Hasn't been the best summer weather-wise, too much rain for my liking. Thinking someone really pissed off mother nature. I'm still waiting for the dog days of summer, but this week has felt like the beginning of fall. I think we'll be closing the pool early this year.
Life has been good, busy & I always wish summer would slow down a bit.
We're leaving tomorrow for a camping trip on Cape Cod this weekend. The weatherman said that there is a chance of showers/thunderstorms until Sunday. No worries, but hoping we're able to sit around the fire at night to talk and check out the stars. August skies at night are a great time to watch for meteors/shooting stars.
As we packed for our trip this evening, it seemed everything went wrong. I'm pretty sure we scared off some potential buyers for the house next door in the process, lol.
As the potential buyers approached the realtor, I saw them glance over and suddenly realized how chaotic my yard seemed too look. My lawn needs to be mowed, (hoping to get to it tomorrow) and Mike had pulled our 26ft camper into the driveway (along side the boat). I had one child bouncing on the trampoline, a dog on a leash, and a child riding his bike up and down the sidewalk. I had to park in the street because there was no room in the driveway & began lugging groceries into the camper.
When I opened the fridge in the camper, I became irritated. Mike forgot to turn the fridge on and somehow the fridge door closed. I opened the door and saw mold. I HATE mold, arghhhhhhh! I was aggravated & Mike was aggravated because I was aggravated. No big blow out or anything, but we became a little loud. Those poor buyer's, lol, they didn't stay long.
Just as I began to pack for the trip the skies opened up, raining again, what a shock, lol. Not! And then I broke the paper towel holder in the camper. Began to feel that perhaps this was a bad omen for our trip. But then hope was restored. A double rainbow appeared, that has to be a good sign, so now no worries about this weekend. : )
Let's see.....what else is new. Oh, my hair color or lack of it. I decided about 3 months ago to stop coloring. I've been coloring since my mid 20's, ( our family has been blessed with the gene for premature graying). After coloring for the past 20 or so years, I'm tired of it. While on a quest for a healthier lifestyle, I've decided that pouring those chemicals on my skin can't be good. I'm still adjusting to my new look. Sammi has told me she likes my "brown hair" better, (secretly so do I), but I'm determined to not color. Hey, if guys can do it, so can I! Why is it that society thinks men become distinguished looking & often better looking, but women who choose to go natural are thought of as matronly? Not fair! And this 40-something is going to try to change that opinion one white hair at a time, lol.
A few funny things have happened since I've decided to go natural. Hey, I like that better than saying "gray", lol. My parents and I brought the little ones to Storyland Story Land - At the Park and the young girl at the counter gave me the senior citizen discount. Only realized it later when looking at my receipt. (I was a little insulted), lol. The other notable reaction I received was from the parents of a childhood friend. My friend's Dad came up to me and said, "When's the last time you saw Kathy?" I told him last year and he said, "Can I take your picture so I can show her what you look like now?" (Again, a bit insulted, I think). But I'm determined.... I've lost 20 lbs since May, but thinking I need to lose more so people will notice that instead of my hair.
Today while grocery shopping Sammi wanted to buy baby food. I let her buy two jars of banana's. Sam & Mikey weren't impressed when they tasted it. Later on while cooking supper, I heard giggling, I peeked around the corner into their room. Buddy (our 120lb bernese mountain dog) and the kids were sitting on the floor. They had put a bib on him and were spoon feeding their "baby" those banana's. He liked them! Good baby, I mean, dog.
It's 11:30pm here, should go to bed. Will be another busy day here tomorrow.....

6 comments:
Thanks for the update...it was great to hear how things are going with you!
I scare off potential buyers at the house next door on purpose....lol. I kinda like it empty.
I color my hair....I am not even sure how gray I would be if I stopped.
Have a great time camping....I would love to go camping on Cape Cod someday. Hope the weather holds out for you!
Tracie
HI MICHELLE NICE HEARING FROM YOU ...WISHING YOU A SAFE AND FUN VACATION BOY DO I WISH I COULD GO WITH YOU..WHERE ARE THE PICS OF THE BABY BEING FED AND IM SURE HE IS HUGE BY NOW...GOD BLESS YOU ALL ...LOVE SUE
Hi Michelle,
Haven't heard from you for a while, I'm sure we're all happy to see your back and going to have a great vacation, Cape Cod is beautiful, hopefully you'll put on some pictures when you get back. Have a great time.
Patricia in Chicago
Hey Michelle! YAY it's so good to hear from you! I love reading of your chaos. Makes me realize we're not the only ones living like that. ;-D
As for the hair color ... Yeah, I hear you on that. I don't know why men are in a whole 'nother category. It isn't fair. Just like, they don't have to wear make up or "fix" their hair. Oh, I could keep going. Like, it also isn't fair that they don't have babies, etc. But, I won't keep going on. If I do, we'll just get all cranky. heehee!
Your summer camping trip sounds wonderful! I hope you get plenty of sun and starry skies! Hug the kiddos (and the banana-baby-food-eating dog) for me! We really needed a picture of the kids spoon feeding the dog! Priceless!
Love ya!
First of all...congratulations on your weight loss! Between you and me, we're going to be slim and svelte in no time flat. :)
I've dropped 61 so far...need to drop more.
Secondly, smart move on your hair. You know me, I'm miss hippie these days. But I can assure you, hair dyes are HORRIBLE in their ingredients.
There are some natural ones you can buy though. I'll try and find you a link if you're interested.
Hope you guys had fun on your camping trip. I've always wanted to visit Cape Cod. In fact, my friend Britt just sent me a t-shirt from there. LOL
XOXO,
bridgett
So, how was the trip? Hope you had a great time!
I guess you are going to have to post some pictures of yourself now. We can cheer the weight loss, and your "natural" decision.....:)
~Tina
http://tina-openbook.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment