Yeah, yeah.... I know, it's been awhile since I've last posted an entry. Well, no excuses other than life gets busy. I actually don't have time to do an entry now, but thought I'd post a few pics and try to catch up on what's been going on for the past few months. We just got back from a family trip out west on Weds, so lots more pics & stories to share....
Here's a pic of my Mom and Dad at their surprise 49th wedding anniversary we gave them. We kept it low-key and casual. Kind of a BBQ gone wild. They were both very surprised. Think I even saw tears in Dad's eyes, though he might just tell you he got something in them, lol. Music, good food, lots of friends and family showed up to help celebrate. And speaking of celebrating.... Mom just had a CT scan the 2nd week of June. I was afraid to talk about it, to even think about it. But results are in and she's in total remission.... Yahoo! :::doing the happy dance::: No sign of cancer anywhere in her body. So many prayers answered. Mom has been given her life back and my parent's are living life. They are leaving for a 2 week trip to Alaska July 15th. That should be a great adventure. Hey God? It's me Michelle. Thank you.....
My folks dancing to "Perhaps Love"
Here's a pic of me dancing with my Dad.
Sammi dancing with her Daddy
Dad and Mom dancing to one of my Dad's favorite dance songs. "Good Time Rock and Roll" Even with her cane, Mom can boogie This dance brought tears to my eyes....
Sammi even got Spencer to dance. : )
Mikey and the gang. Cousin's Nate and Tyler....
Mikey at preschool graduation. He's waiting for the music to start so he can walk in. It's off to kindergarten in September for Mikey....
Sammi on her last day of Kindergarten. She just loved her teacher, next year Mikey will have the same teacher. In September Sammi is going into 1st grade. Can't believe how time flies.....
Sammi after her dance recital in ballet. Was so sweet to watch....
And INTRODUCING our newest family member......
Buddy! He's a 3 month old Burnese Mountain Dog.... he'll be about 110 lbs when full grown. Just the cutest pup I've ever known.... No doubt, he'll be a gentle giant.
Well, vacation is over..... and it's back to work for me in a half hour. Suppose I should go get ready and be on time.
Will post pics of our trip to Portland, Oregon (and then we drove down the coast to San Francisco) in my next entry....
xox
Michelle
11 comments:
nice pics ,mom looks super so glad to hear of her remission im happy for you and your whole family the kids have grown so much ...hope to hear more from you now that vaca is over .what a beautiful puppy did he go on vacation too ?
Love the pics - especially your mom n dad "gettin' down". Sammi's gorgeous & Mikey's just a cutie! Isn't it fun being in a whole roomful of relatives that kinda sorta look alike?
Hope your trip was fun,
Kathy
Just loved the pictures we missed hearing about the family, glad to hear your mom is doing better. Your parents look so sweet together. The children are really growing fast. Congratulations on the dog I had a Bernease Mountain Dog when I grew up and his name was Butchhe lived for 18 years and was fantastic with us kids. I still miss him and that was 20 years ago! Hope to see pictures from your vacation soon, I bet it was beautiful.
No wonder you haven't written! You've had your hands full. LOL
My goodness....so many events!!!
The kids look adorable, as always.
Spencer looks so mature!
YOU look just like your momma. ;)
And your puppy is absolutely precious! We're thinking about getting one at Christmas time too.
Can't wait to see more pics and hear about your vacation!
WOO HOO about your mom's remission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What FANTASTIC NEWS! Give her a kiss on the cheek for me. LOL She'll be like, "Bridgett, who?" ;)
XOXO,
bridgett
Congratulations to your parents on their anniversary, and to your mom on her great news!!!
You HAVE been busy! j
Hey there Chelle.....Can't help but to notice you don't have the picture of me and Dad dancing! LOL......... =)
thanks for sharing the pics....they are all such sweet pictures...especially your mom and dad....
Can't wait to see pics of the trip!!
Tracie
49 years?! Wow! My parents have been married for 30 years and I freqently joke that I know people whose life expectancy I contemplate after 30 seconds! I found you through Bridgett. She says,"You rock." and guess what? She's right!
-Dawn-
Wow, so much in this entry. Great news about your mom. Beautiful pictures too. Two weeks in Alaska. Is that enough time? Best to both of them.
Can hardly believe how fast Sammi is growing. She's just darling.
And OMG Buddy!! precious. What more is there to say about a puppy BMD?
Be in touch. I may be doing some open mics in your area very soon. :)
xo
I need to reset my alerts! I clearly have missed a lot! How I loved these pictures! I'm so happy for your mother! The pics of the two of them on the dance floor brought a tear to my eye. Precious moments!
I just can't believe how the kids have grown! Beautiful, as always! And, Buddy! Adorable!
Have a wonderful summer!
Hey Michelle!
Thank you for revisiting and commenting in my journal - it's been a while, yes - for me as well as you! Summer months due tend to keep everyone busy!
I was SO happy to hear of your mom's remission... I can't even imagine what that must have been like for the two of you. For your whole family. ::continued prayers::
Thank you for sharing the pics of your family! I love the one of your mom and dad dancing.. they look so very happy!
Thank you also, for your kind and helpful words. I do try to keep my perspective on the end result of this rocky road, but it isn't always easy, as you know!
::hug::
Michelle
Post a Comment