Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Oh, What A Wonderful Morning.....

 

Who needs their morning coffee when you can do this instead?

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

Yup, instead of having that cup of coffee that wakes your senses up slowly, step into a pile of fresh, steamy dog poop while wearing pajama's.  Barefoot.  I'll tell you, that helped me wake up quicker than any cup of coffee ever did.  

The scenerio of how this discovery was made:  (In case you haven't stopped reading because of impending nausea...)

This morning when I opened the door Buddy (our bernese mountain dog/pup) bounded out of the door before I could get a leash on him.   He's done that before and has come right back, so it really wasn't a problem.  That is until 7:15am this morning.   Our cat, Gilbert, picked that moment to dash directly in front of him.  Buddy, who still thinks the cat is a play toy, ran after her.  I tried calling Buddy back, but he was having too much fun.  So I ventured out into the backyard (aka...mine field) to get him.  I was trying to be careful, but I guess my eyes still bleary from sleep deceived me.  :::::Squish::::: Ironically the first word that came out of my mouth was, "Shit!"  Yup, there it was squishing up between my toes.  I grabbed the dog's collar, took note that the lawn needed a mowing and then limped (on my heel, poop toes in the air) my way back to the deck.  Seriously thanking God for the invention of a garden hose and high powered nozzles. 

On a good note?  I was happy that I stepped in his poop while he is still just a 15 week old pup.  (I don't even want to imagine what his poop will look like when he's full grown at 110 lbs)  I also discovered that dog poop washes off the barefoot much easier than off the bottom of a shoe. 

The down side?

 

The aroma of a fresh cup of brewed coffee smells ALOT better....            

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ewwwww.....
110 lbs??  That is going to be a huge dog! And the poop will probably look like people poo at that weight...just saying...
Have a good day!
Tracie

Anonymous said...

hehehahaha

Poor Michelle.  :(

;)

I've done that more times then I care to admit.  
Even INSIDE the house.  My cat, Peanut, who had cancer and died recently, used to poop in the kitchen.  She'd get the squirts and wouldn't be able to make it to the litter box.  I get up with Autumn one morning at around 6 AM....only to step in a BIG pile in the kitchen.  I was soooooo freakin' grossed out.  

Thinking about it too much makes me gag a little. LOL

Be sure to wash that foot extra good in the shower. ;)

XOXO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

WHEEE!  On the bright side - at least you didn't then slip and fall in it! Wait till you discover you have a dog that poops 3X a day - and the kids won't pick it up -  and your too freakin' busy or it's too rainy to pick it up for a week (or so)!  The fun never ends.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Just discovered your journal - love it!  Thank you!

Gordon

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahaha, k done laughing......nope, bawhahahaha.  What goes in must come out and man will he have some serious output when he's bigger. What fun that'll be in the summer or better yet in the spring when all the snow melts & reveals that lovely mine field!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Tracie...EWWWWWW!
The first word out of your mouth...Hilarious!  Jae

Anonymous said...

Tempting, but I'll stick with my coffee.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard/

Anonymous said...

LOL All I can say is that sounds like something that would happen to me. Thanks for making me laugh out loud today.