Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Things I've Learned

Spencer showing his school spirit at his High School basketballs state finals game, March 2006.

 

In the past 6 weeks I've learned....

 

That although I try to teach my children what is best, sometimes life experience is a better teacher....

A life experience taught my son a lesson about the consequences of being in the wrong place at the right time....

I can still ground my 18 year old son without having to pull out the "While you live under this roof,  you'll live by my rules...." speech.

That Sammi has asthma...  after a month of treatments, her lungs are clear for the first time in 5 months.

Sometimes the more you do for others, the less you are appreciated.... (This one goes out to my place of employment. )

Black face paint is very hard to remove from an old bathtub....

When a toilet is removed don't drop anything down that big exposed sewer pipe....

I love my new toilet....

Sometimes you can have pain, but Dr's can't figure out why.  Tests continue....

3 year old boys can't fly like Superman.  How do I know?  His 4 year old sister told him to jump off the top of the bunk bed.... and he did.

Don't forget to wash out the crockpot after cooking a roast.

But if you do forget and discover it three days later, DON'T open the cover to check if it smells.  Trust me on this one, it does!  

 

Quote Of The Day:  Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. ~~John Lennon

.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

yep, life experiences sometimes are the best teachers. Hope the 3 y/o didn't injure himself too much when he tried to fly

betty

Anonymous said...

LOL..I learned some of these too, especially "don't forget to wash out the crockpot after cooking a roast, and sometimes you have pain, but Dr's can't figure out why. Hope they find out soon. MIssed reading your entries. Lost track of you somehow, hon. Huge hugs,
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/THERESTOFTHESTORY
        http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

On the other hand, it's a CROCK POT. Hold your nose, lift lid, add soap and water, turn on and walk far, far away :)

Life is definitely the best-don't ask me how I know!

Anonymous said...

welcome back Michelle, its nice to see you back again .im glad the children are all well again i can see why you took a hiatus ,thats sure a lot of happeneingsi have missed your writing since you were my first journal i began with  

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've learned A LOT in the last 6 weeks.  And I'll definitely have to remember that crock pot one...ewwww.  ::wrinkling nose::  LOL  

XO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

thanks I'll remember all of this!  rose~

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle. Great Pic of Spencer!
V

Anonymous said...

YIKES on all the things you have learned!!!  What has been going on over there?!?!  No wonder you haven't written!!!  You just named the one reason I will NEVER have a bunkbed in this house!  SCARY!!  I give Spencer credit for taking his shirt off like that!!  Sorry about Sammi having asthma.  I totally understand what that is like, but the worst is almost over, the Winter/Fall months seem to be the worst.  Just always have that nebulizer out and ready to go no matter how much space it takes on the counter (this drives my hubby INSANE that I leave it plugged in and on his kitchen counter).  Nice to have you back if only for a few seconds.
Sending you big HUGS,
Love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

still laughing at the crockpot lesson... others not so funny!  My daughter struggles with asthma and I know how hard it is when as a mom you feel so helpless.  Hope lil' superman is okay!!  Michelle

Anonymous said...

Great life lessons!  Hope that crock pot comes clean easily and love that photo of Spencer!  Awww, for teen days again!  Wouldn't it be nice if we could put it in reverse sometimes?  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hey, great paint job!!! lol.

Anonymous said...

Am i the only one curious about what exactly your 18 year old did?  C'mon, spill the beans - it'll make the rest of us moms feel better about our own rotten kids!

Anonymous said...

This is totally unrelated to your post.  I clicked on your link on Mel's Actual Unretouched Photo.  When I saw your Phyllis Diller quote, I had to laugh.  That is one of my favorites and on my family blog, Tales from the Edge of Sanity.  It suits me to a tee!

Mary

maryandpaul.blogspot.com
ltuande.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle.....I've been MIA.  I am trying to catch up in J-land with everyone.  I can so relate to this statement: Sometimes the more you do for others, the less you are appreciated.... (This one goes out to my place of employment. )

Been there done that.  I was just let go within my 90 day probationary period ay my job.  I had strep and was out for 3 days.  A few weeks later my son had staph/cellulitis in his left knee and was hospitalized for a few days.  Dad is manager of a store.  Mom went and stayed with 14 year old in hospital.  Mom lost job week later at 90 day eval.  

When an incident in life closes one door.......another one opens further down the road.  I truly believe that.  Off I go to read some more of your journal.