Sunday, December 18, 2005

The Christmas Snitch

Ok, just thought I'd come and post an entry so everyone knows I'm still around....  Not really sure why I've been gone so long.  Many times during the day something will happen and I think to myself, "You need to write that down in your journal".....but lately it hasn't gone any further than that thought in my brain.    Ah well, hopefully I'll become inspired to begin writing regularly again.  I miss it...

Spencer had his birthday on December 15th, he's now 18 years old!  That just blows me away; my first born is legally an adult.  Although watching my child grow to adulthood is sometimes bitter sweet, I'm also excited for him.  To see where this adventure, called life, leads him.  Ah yes, youth a time when everything seems possible.... I want him to grab for his dreams with both hands.  

Still lots of Christmas shopping here to do.  I really had hoped to be finished and wrapped by now, but unfortunately organization is not my strong point.  Never has been.... I'll be a procrastinator 'til the end. 

Today while I slept (worked the night shift last night), Mike decided to do some Christmas shopping for me.  He took the kids to the mall with him.  They had a good time, even got to see Santa Claus again.  They woke me up when they returned home around 2:30pm.  The shopping expedition went as planned until Mikey, 3, excitedly told me, "Mom, we got you a golf thingie, it's pink, so you can learn golf".  LOL... Mike pulled him aside and told him to not tell Mom anything else.  He explained that it was a secret.   The rest of the day Mikey managed to keep the other secrets of the day....   Until suppertime anyways.  During supper he blurted out, "Mom, we got you a popcorn maker thing today"....  Well, no need to shake the boxes in an attempt to guess what my presents are this Christmas.  Thanks Mikey.  : ) 

Hmmm.... I still need to shop for Mike.  

                   I think I'll leave the kids home....     

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

funny!   kids just don't understand keeping good things to themselves.  hahaha!

Things are always busy during the holidays, I am a procrastinator as well....I just started today!  Got my four year old done already!  Now on to the 13 year old.  Well, she will be 13 on Christmas Eve.  

Enjoy your Holidays!

Anonymous said...

too cute! reminds me of the time my then 3.5 year old told her dad he was getting a ice tea  maker; didn't phase her it was supposed to be a surprise

Merry Christmas!

betty

Anonymous said...

my son still is bad about bouncing up and down...lol...and saying i know what we got you , want me to tell you?...lol...

kelly

Anonymous said...

Good idea on keeping the kids home!  They ALWAYS tell secrets don't they?!  And WOW, your oldest looks like such a man now!  I remember the "hickey" incident at the dance he went to and here he is a man now!  Sniff, sniff.  Why do they grow up so darned fast, why?!??!?!  Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family!!!
Love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I KNEW there was a reason I didn't take my kids Christmas shopping at that age - it all comes back now.LOL. I would usually take them to scope things out and see where their interest was, then run back later....alone! Too much to see and touch, and kinda overwhelming.

Merry Christmas, and enjoy your "surprises"!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet that they told you. To this day, we still don't take the kids shopping with us for each other...(they are 5 and 6)

When I opened this journal, I thought, "Wow, Spencer has really grown up." I can't believe he is 18. Pat yourself on the back, Mom. You have done a fabulous job.

~Heather

Anonymous said...

cute!  Rsoe

Anonymous said...

LMAO!  Well, at least Mike got you something.  As far as I know...I'm getting nothing from Doug. =)  Of course, that's the way we planned it.  I figure my Christmas present was the $5000 move across the country.  <grin>  

I cannot believe Spencer is 18.  My gosh...I think he was only 15 when I started reading your journal.  He's definitely looking more like a man now though...his face is filling out.  He looks happy, healthy and ready to take on life!  

I sure hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas!  Enjoy the popcorn maker!  LOL

XO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

Happy holidays, Michelle!
V

Anonymous said...

Well, you've been writing more regular than me. So busy. So much "good" writing material. But ... NO time. Believe me, I understand. I hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas and I am guessing that you've been able to enjoy many a bowl of popcorn by now. :-) Kids ... dontcha just love'em!?! Happy 18th to your son!

Love y'all,

Mia and family~

Anonymous said...

Oh my! 18 yrs old! Wow.  Even we get to 'watch' him grow before our very eyes.

Happy New Year Michelle.  Wishing you peace and wellness in 2006. xo

Anonymous said...

Hiya Michelle.  I've been MIA for quite a while.  I wanted to just drop a quick line hello to you.  Here's a belated MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and your family!

Gina

Anonymous said...

Kids are so honest at times it can be painful...  so hard for them to keep a secret.  I hope Santa brought you a surprise or two under the tree that you didn't know about.  Hugs,
Lisa