Sammi playing dress up in Sept. 05
Why, oh why, can a man manage to dress himself reasonably well, but can't manage to do the same for his children? Seriously..... In the picture above Sammi did a better job. : )
This morning Santa came to the library & the kids were excited to go see him. Because I worked the night shift, Mike was on his own with the two little ones. Before heading off to bed this morning, I thought about taking something out for them to wear. But after four years, I mistakenly thought maybe Mike could handle choosing a few outfits for his children. Ok, so past experiences have proven otherwise, but hey, a girl can dream can't she? All the laundry was caught up, lots of clothes choices, what could go wrong?
The little ones woke me up at 2:30pm; nothing sweeter than a drooly kiss from a little one as they whisper, "Mom, I love you..." Moments like that make all the chaos they create on a daily basis, worth it....
When I got out of bed they began to tell me about their morning. They showed me the ornaments they made at the library, treasured hierlooms I'm sure. Then I began to ask questions. "Did you see Santa Claus?" Mikey answered "Yup, but he was a little one..." I wanted to question him more on that, when I suddenly realized what Sammi was wearing. The only thing I could say next was,. "Sammi, is that what you wore?" :::Silently praying, "Say no, no":::: Unfortunately Sammi said, "Yup..." Knowing that she didn't care what she looked like, I didn't say anything else except, "Oh". But my mind was screaming...."Why???????"
Mike let Sammi go out in a pair of orange and white striped summer capri pants, perfectly mismatched with a pink and gray sweatshirt with white stripes on the sleeves and a monkey on the front. He made an attempt to pull her hair back, but well, let's just say he'd better not quit his day job. Mikey fared better, but considering the temps are below freezing today, I might have skipped the short sleeved t-shirt.
Mike isn't home right now, so I can't ask him. But because this was a well publicized event to see Santa, (where I'm sure the other kids were dressed in their holiday best), I'm betting there are pictures. Lots of pictures. Dare I say, the local newspaper photographer was most likely there?
All I can say is.....
Someday when Sammi sees those pictures, I'm NOT taking the blame....
9 comments:
Sounds like a fine outfit to me for a fine winter day. Then again I am a man living in Florida where short sleeves and capri's are always in style. Maybe he is just trying to hint to you that he wants to move to Fl.
hi; visiting your journal; I'm not sure where I got the link from, but I just liked the title of your journal. Loved the picture of your little one.
I bet the kids looked great; no matter what they were wearing. I also think its wonderful that your husband took them to an event like this while you were sleeping---that speaks volumes for the type of man he must be.
I'll be back.
betty
I hate to break it to you Sweetie, but it's not about the pictures.
As long as they weren't stark naked, they're fine. Mike and Sammi had fun, Mike took them down there and gave you a break, and that's what matters.
Okay...so probably not an outfit I would have chosen...but at least he tried. <grin> That counts for something (I think). LOL
Although Doug can match clothes a little better than that...he still seems to find the most random pieces of clothing in Parker's closet for him to wear. And like you, all I can think is when I see his creations is...'Why?' He's not allowed to go near Autumn's closet. <grin>
Sammi sure looks cute in that picture though!
XO,
bridgett
Awww...hahaha...awww. I'll bet she still looked adorable. And possibly got lots of extra attention from all the adults at the holiday 'event' because they took pity on her. Most women would know who dressed her. No worries.
Can hardly wait to see the pictures. Be sure to forward a copy of the article in the paper. :D
Happy Holidays sweetie.
just in case: www.trishmonaco.blogspot.com
That is SOOO like a man isn't it?!?! He is not alone!! LOL! Whenever my hubby dresses Emma she looks like she just got off the boat as I always tell him! She just needs a babushka to complete the look! I hope there isn't pictures for your sake, I really do! Still snickering over here though! Hee-hee-hee!
Hugs and love,
Lisa
I can only imagine.....lol. The picture isn't showing up...ugh.
I can really relate to this entry! I recently met my family at a basketball game, and I wanted to sit somewhere else so I wouldn't have to see what Riley arrived in.....
~Tina
Awww, she is a darling playing dress up. Sorry I'm late. Aol alerts must not be working again. Hugs,
Lisa
Post a Comment