Friday, November 18, 2005

It's Almost Thanksgiving

Sammi & Mikey on Halloween night, 2005.

 

Ok, so I'm a bit behind, life just get's in the way sometimes....  Here are the little one's on Halloween night.  Those costumes were just so cute; my favorite part was watching them from behind.  The butt part of the costume is filled like a bean bag causing my *no butt* children to have these saggy little bums when running from house to house.  We only went around one block, but those yellow bags managed to become 3/4 of the way filled.  Cute goes a long way....

Let's see what else has been happening....

We discovered that we have been the victims of fraud.  Apparently someone, somehow managed to get the number of a credit card that Mike thought had been closed.  The account had a zero balance and he hadn't used it in over 2 years.  We only discovered there was a problem when we received notification from a credit collector.  Huh?  The person who has been using his card (since JUNE), was ordering wine, good wine, from wine.com.  After alot of frustration, the account has been cleared. 

Sammi's pnuemonia has finally cleared.  But one week later she (and Mikey) came down with a 24 hour stomach virus.  She got over that, but the virus's continue to attack her weakened immune system.   Two nights ago she told me she "was sick".  I thought it was just a ploy to be able to camp out on the couch again, so I sent her to bed.  She woke up yesterday morning with a temperature of 102.6 and a headache.  :::sigh::::  

Wondering if going to preschool is really such a good idea.   Besides getting bombarded with every germ that comes down the pike, she has had two pee accidents at school. (LOL, she is soooooo going to kill me someday when she reads this...)  The first one I attributed to the fact that she had been sick, but the last one?  Just not sure.... She still hasn't made any friends at school and mostly keeps herself occupied at the art table.  She readily gets involved in group activity, but during free time doesn't mingle with the kids.  That surprises me because I always thought she was so outgoing.   She has told the teacher that "no one will play with me."  The teacher thinks that I should make playdates for her outside of school with a classmate, to help build friendships.  I don't know....  I don't have time for "play dates" and truthfully, the main reason why I sent her to preschool was for the social aspect of it.  Putting all that aside, she REALLY seems to enjoy going and is always excited when it's a school day.  I have some soul searching to do.  I'm seriously considering pulling her out..... 

Next....

Spencer got in a small accident in the school parking lot.  At the end of the day, he was backing out his car from his parking space.  He got about half way, when two friends stopped him to jump in for a ride home.  After they jumped in, Spencer proceeded to begin to back up again.  As he did,  he suddenly realized there was someone behind him also backing up.  Apparently this girl didn't want to wait and decided to go around him..  Damage to her car, none to Spencer's.   Her Dad wanted to work it out and keep insurance out of the picture, so Mike talked to her Dad.  Apparently the Dad's way of "working it out:" was to have Spencer pay 100% of the damage.  Spencer does not believe he was 100% at fault, so he does not want to do that.  And besides, as he's told me..."Mom, I don't have the money to repair my 1995 Buick, I definitely can't afford to fix a 2004 Honda.  That's why I have insurance."  The insurance adjuster called today....  why do they always remind me of lawyers? LOL...

Well, although I still have lots to say, thinking this entry is long enough....

                  ....Stayed tuned, never a boring moment here....

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a lot going on!  :)

CUTE costumes!!  I always love the ones that seem so much more creative than the usual Witch, skeleton ones....that's what my kids were. :D

Thanksgiving IS coming, that's my favorite Holiday!   Love food, love my family.  And sometimes my birthday lands on Thanksgiving.   lol.

Too bad about the car situation :(   I think anyone backing out is always at fault, because there the ones who need to pay more attention of what they are backing out into?  I think?  It's a bummer though!   Because that girl should have just waited. dang her 2004 anyway!   And the Dad could have worked something out.....

anyway, came in to say hello :D

Anonymous said...

How ADORABLE they looked in those costumes!!!!!!!!  I bet they were nice and warm too, not that they needed to be because it wasn't that cold on Halloween night!  You are making me so happy that I never sent Emma to preschool and so happy that I listened to her lung doctor and didn't put her in Kindergarten this year.  He suggested I give her lungs one more year to develop before they get "bombarded with every germ known to man when she goes to school".  Guess he was right huh?!  And, what's the use of sending your little one when she isn't even socializing?  Poor thing, I feel so bad now.  :(  Playdates?  I HATE playdates!  Ugghhh!  Let me get my Palm Pilot out and we can set up a schedule.  Yea right!  That's how it is around here though.  Sorry to hear about Spencer's accident, but I am not surprised with the girl trying to get around him.  Once they are out of school, they want to get the heck out of there and FAST!  I know, I see them every day when I pick my oldest up at the Middle School.  The High School kids are NUTS!  Did you know they don't even stop for the speed bumps that are there?  YIKES!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

When my kids first started going to school, they were sick all the time too. I just want you to know there is an end in sight. They do stop getting sick every time you turn around.
Do not pull Sammi out of school! It's only delaying the inevitable. It only has been two months. Give her time to adjust to her new schedule of school. You say she wants to go every day so just give her more time to settle in and make new friends. Instead of having one playdate at a time, ask two or three other kids to meet you at McDonalds for lunch the ones that have the play areas for the kids. This way you can speed up the process of meeting other kids. It also gives you a chance to meet other moms. Mikey will also be able to go! It's not so bad. Give it at least one try and see. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Too cute!  Love the Halloween costumes!  So sorry to hear about that credit card thing.  Hope they can get the person who did it so you don't have to pay for their crimes.  Oh yes, and then when the kids get sick in school they love to accidentally pass it around the family.  I hear ya on that one!  Can ya believe it's almost Turkey Day?  Holidays are here!  Glad to stop by your journal.  We just got back from a mini vacation at the beach.  I can't wait to do a post.  Let me tell you, just two days and I'm having journal withdrawals.  LoL!  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

The pictures are absolutely delightful.  

I can't believe how cute they look!

I'm feeling so sorry for poor Sammi.  I just can't imagine her not making friends easily.  Do you think it's because she's so much smarter?  I mean, truly, from the stories you tell, it seems she's way past her age group.  Maybe they just seem immature to her???  I just don't know.  Regardless, as a mommy, that would be a hard one to deal with.  

Glad Spencer's okay!

XO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

I would suggest to "make time" for playdates (I know.....HOW???).......but it really builds self esteem and will make this difficult social environment easier for her to adjust too....just a thought.  Love the costumes........their adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

On the accident....didn't anyone get a ticket? Were the police not involved? Had the police been involved, don't they automatically give the ticket to the person who didn't have the right of way? Which in this case would have been Spencer. It is strange how the other dad wants to keep it off insurance, when it wouls most likely be your insurance that would have to pay for the damage!

Anonymous said...

Michelle, it's time to have a talk with that teacher. It is the teacher's responsibility to encourage the other children to mingle & include newcomers. She's not doing her job if she's letting Sammi slip by & feel like an outsider. Maybe the preschool is putting too much emphasis on learning skills etc versus the social aspect. Playdates do help, but hey why pay for pre-school when you could just make playdates. I've never been a believer of kiddie kennels oops i mean preschools lol. It's a tough choice since she enjoys it. But Not all preschools are the same, maybe check out some other ones in the area.

Anonymous said...

Awwww...adorable little ones on Halloween!

Sorry to hear about Sammi being so sick.  Breaks my heart.  About pre-school, if she's looking forward to it, then it might still be a good thing.  Play-dates are in your future from here on out woman.  LOL  Get used to it. ;)  Even if it's an hour.  Are there any neighborhood kids in her school?  So you don't have to drive (far).

Ugh on the credit card fraud.  Good to know it's taken care of.  And at least it was GOOD wine. ;)

Definitely go through the insurance company.  Spencer's smart.  [as you know]  It's a bummer.  But it'll pass.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Spencer was okay...and everyone else involved in the accident....that can be scary stuff.

I absolutely love the picture!  The costumes are cute, and the kids are cuter!

You know, none of my kids really went to preschool, and they are all just fine.  I know that must be a hard decision....and an individual one.  Good luck in getting it all figured out...

~Tina

Anonymous said...

Great Pic!!
Hugs,

http://deabvt.blogspot.com/
V