Tuesday, September 7, 2004

The Fish Are Fed!

    fish.gif - 8960 Bytes

First the good news:  I found the peanutbutter jar today.  Actually Sammi found it  under the microwave utility cart.  I could have sworn I looked under there, have I told you I need glasses? The jar was intact and peanutbutter was not smeared anywhere.  Yes!

Now that the peanutbutter mystery has been solved, I have another question.  Do you think that tropical fish will die if fed peanutbutter/strawberry jelly/fluff sandwiches on whole wheat bread?  

Honestly, these two.....  I made them their favorite sandwiches because of their pleas "I'm hungryyyyyy."  I left them in the kitchen happily eating, to quickly go to the bathroom.   When I returned to the kitchen, I was greeted by the sounds of the toddler's excitedly yelling "eat it, eat it!" 

I tried to scoop out as much sandwich as possible, but right now it looks like it's snowing in our 55 gallon fish tank.   They are both standing in the corner right now, suppose I should go and wipe the fluff off their hands before they get it on the walls........ 

 

Today's Quote:   

The most wasted day of all is that during which we have not laughed.   ~Sebastian Chamfort

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness... Poor Mommy and fishies... All seem to be having a hectic day!  Go get a rag and wipe the fluff off ;) Yummy sandwiches though... Have a Grrr-eat day!  I'll be thinking about you... and the fish.
Hugs,
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are some well fed fish, LOL!! Glad you found the PB....glad my baby is 20;) Enjoy, they grow up too fast.
Donna

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of a funny "helpful" thing my little girl did.  Many years ago when she was about 2, I had a fern terarium (not sure about spelling).  I used rinsed out coke cans to water it.  One day it died.  Right before my very eyes, it was fine, then dead.  I had been just in the next room wiping off counters.  When I asked, out loud, what could have happened to it, she proudly announced that she watered it for me.  I asked her what with and she pointed to my coke can on the coffee table.  The problem, there was actual coke in it.  What could I do, but tell her way to help mommy, but ask next time and I will show you how.

Anonymous said...

I am sure the fish enjoyed the "sweetened" bread your children gave them!!  They would probably like that every day now if they had their way!  Your two children make me realize that my Emma isn't all that bad!  LOL!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Perky: Thanks for the good fishy thoughts : )
Dock:  Their tummies do appear fatter, lol
Beck: LOL, at the coke watering... I really do think they were trying to be helpful.  I occasionally let them feed the fish.
Lisa:  LOL, nope Emma isn't so bad.  Actually I think Sammi is the whirlwind, but think she would be better if alone.  With two of them, they are truly partner's in crime...

Anonymous said...

I think I read somewhere that a sandwich is good for a fish once a year. Like a fish thanksgiving or something.

Glad you found the PB!

~Heather

I don't miss the toddler days..thank you for reminding me. ;)

Anonymous said...

LOLOLOLOL  Little kids are the coolest! : )

Anonymous said...

yay on the mystery being solved!!! -=)

well, the fish are fed? lol  your children are cute! -=)

Anonymous said...

Thankfully my two toddlers are not partners in crime.

Anonymous said...

This is hysterical.  I know I shouldn't laugh...but I am.  Should I go stand in the corner with the kids????

Anonymous said...

I love reading your journal.  you don't make me feel so crazy.  or that my child needs therepy. LOL!   Too funny!   I have to hide the peanut butter in my refridgerator or else my son will get into it, and begin painting the walls, the chairs, himself....and whatever else.  but, I don't whine...too much...because I think.  Michelle has two of these precious children, and I have just the one.  lol!    

Anonymous said...

Your kids are hysterical!  Hope your fish fare well on their new diet ;-)
~jerseygirl

Anonymous said...

Awwww... LOL  I'm sorry, but I'm like the naughty aunt who would be giggling at this scene, the two of them in the corner with pb&j still on their hands, the fish in the tank freaking out and stuffing themselves to the point of popping!  LOL  It's not funny...  but it is.  Poor Momma!  tehehehe...

Anonymous said...

LOL! Well, you sound like you have your hands-full -- about like having twins!?!  Shana

Anonymous said...

Great quote today!  Hey, I hope your fish do alright on this new diet.  I have to admit to not really knowing what fluff is...

Isn't it crazy when you can't even leave the room for two minutes?

~Tina

Anonymous said...

ROFL!!! Priceless!

Mia

Anonymous said...

i love all that you have done,here within your pages,and while you are busy screaming up there,to hey god,would you put a few things up there on my behalf,and time shall keep for you,there within his hands,bits and pieces of all that you love,i am known as hannahthemaid,@aol.com.,love your screen name,songbird.