My lawnmower broke and our yard is beginning to look like a scene from Little House On The Prairie, complete with wild flowers. (Hey, I can call dandelions wild flowers if I want, lol), our van didn't pass inspection so now it is in the garage getting fixed, and my dishwasher (that is only 2 years old) apparently has kicked the bucket. When it rains it pours....
And just when I thought I'd have to get out the umbrella, work called. They asked if I'd be interested in picking up a shift tomorrow 3-11pm. An answer to my prayer, right? The extra money would definitely help with paying for repairs. I should have said "YES", but after a short internal struggle, I reluctantly said "no".
Why? <scroll down>
The season premier of *Survivor* starts tomorrow at 8pm. I am so addicted to that show, just love it! It's the one show that I plan my week around to watch. Geez, I need a life....
Sooooooo, I guess I will wash the dishes by hand for a while longer, we can borrow the uncle's lawnmower to mow down the prairie, and fingers crossed that the mechanics bill won't be too big. Yeah, right.... who am I kidding?
Time to get that umbrella out.....
Todays Quote:
It is better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved for what you are not. ~Andre Gide
14 comments:
Have you heard of a VCR?! ;)
LOL Melodee....
Our VCR is broken... : P
Survivor.....LOL!
LOL!!! You passed up on money for Survivor! That's dedication, woman! LOL I don't usually watch Survivor, but I'm going to try and catch it tonight. If it doesn't come on at the same time as Big Brother, that is. Wait... aren't they on the same channel? [You can tell how much TV I usually watch, right? LOL ZIP!]
I feel your pain abt the dishwasher.We are entirely in the same boat right now.... (is it bad to throw every new dish away and buy new once dishwasher is repaired? right now we have loaded up the dishwasher in anticipation for the day repair comes... it is inevitable, right? new to aol-j and stumbled upon your site. been enjoying very much, my heart goes out to anyone who has 2 toddlers:-) (i have a 4,3, almost 2, allboys:-) ) i understand abt the fluff also. we are getting our carpets shampoed next week, they grind poptarts into floor.... ugh. anyway, thanks for the laughs! Amy
The "prairie" sounds kind of nice...switch to paper plates....ride a bike....and enjoy Survivor!
~Tina
It is so true... When it rains, it pours... It usually comes in 3's... Which it has for you! I hope you enjoy Survior. We are addicted to it in our house too!
HUGS,
Jennifer
I hate when you get the down pour of broken appliances etc. I hope things aren't too bad and that you make more than you need to cover all repairs!!!
Love that quote! And, all the bad things in life seem to happen at the same time don't they? At least you HAD a dishwasher! My dishwasher is now sleeping in the living room snoring away. Yep, my hubby does our dishes. One day I will buy him a dishwasher. About your lawn, I could just picture Laura Ingalls running down that hill filled with tall grass! LOL! Hey, you could always use scissors right? ;)
Hugs and love, Lisa
You crack me up! But I confess, I told my husband I don't care if football/baseball etc etc is on I was watching Surviver premiere and he actually watched it with me and liked it.....what a show! It's gonna be a great season! We should get some of us together for a weekly recap or something.......yours is the third journal I read today mentioning the show! Hope the other problems get taken care of........hopefully it won't rain again for a while!
~jerseygirl
I still haven't gotten the jist of that show,lol...and it's been on how long now?!
Hope you enjoyed the premier and the mechanic doesn't clean you out.
Woo hoo!! Last year, in a desperate attempt to keep FreeePeace addicted to the show, I actually mailed her a video tape of most of the season so she could catch up. LOL!
u have a great attitude on life! i cant wait to read ALL ur entries! lol
Great Gide quote!
V
Post a Comment