I haven't abandoned you, oh journal. I've been out of commission and actually things here might get worse before they get better. Apparently we have managed to download a trojan virus. Three of us use this computer, but Mike is positive he didn't download it, Spencer (being a true teen) swears it couldn't be him and I truly don't think I've done anything, hmmm....maybe it was the dog. Yeah, that's it! And we've always thought that all she did when we left the house was lay on the furniture. We've tried using our Norton Antivirus to repair this bothersome situation, but for some reason we are unable to repair, delete or quarantine this bugger. Mike plans on calling Norton tonight to see what can be done. If they can't help us I guess we will have to bring it somewhere to see if they can figure out our dilemma.
So if I'm gone for awhile, no fear I'll be back just as soon as my computer is feeling better... :::cough, cough, wheeze:::
On a good note, the weather here has been gorgeous. Spring has arrived in New England and I couldn't be happier. Grass is turning green, the trees are beginning to bud, and the birds are back in full force singing their little hearts out. I worked out in the yard yesterday (have the callouses on my hands to prove it) but it felt wonderful. I raked up leaves that we never got to before the snow fell, prepared some flower beds and actually put down some wildflower seeds. Hopefully the hungry ants waking from their winter slumber won't march off with them. Last night we went to Dairy Queen to get ice-cream and I even had to slap a mosquito, lol. Yup, Spring has arrived. Thank you God! Mike finally finished putting up the toddlers play/swing set....and none too soon. Sammi just destroyed a pole lamp in our livingroom a few days ago. It seems that she thought the swinging arm on the lamp was a good place to hang from. The lightbulb now points towards the floor.... So it's off to Walmarts to buy a new lamp and some sand for their sandbox.
Well, going out to enjoy the sunshine and :::popping a few penicillin tabs into the hard drive::: Hey, it can't hurt to try. : )
40 comments:
awwww sorry to hear your dog made your computer sickie poos. Hope you are back soon. Enjoy reading your journal. Take care! http://journals.aol.com/chattiekimmie/MorningCoffeeGroggyThoughts
Enjoying your journal!!!! You're a great writer! -Alesia
You could try doing a free scan at trendmicro.com I've had trojans before and this always fixed 'em for me. [link courtesy of sepintx, who seems to be a wealth of information on these things.]
Glad to hear the sun's finally coming out there! Woooot! Spring ROCKS! :D
Sorry to hear about your computer. What exactly does this virus do? Glad to hear you're getting some good weather. All my family is up in New England and you guys sure do deserve some good weather after this winter.
Sorry to hear your computer's sick. I hope you're able to get things straightened out soon!
((((((Trojan Hugs)))))))
I will keep your puter in my thoughts....please keep us updated on his progress and recovery.
I'm glad you are finally getting some good weather....
I hope you get the problems with your computer straightened out soon...that's enough to make a person insane, isn't it? (The answers at my house would have been the same too....no one would be the guilty one....)
~Tina
ACK! I'm so sorry Michelle. Hopefully you'll get this little bugger fixed, soon! But at least it's happening in Spring. You can enjoy the weather and the yard while the computer is in the hospital. [wishing wellness on your computer!]
Poor 'puter. Hopefully the techies at Norton will be able to solve your dilemma. At least you have good weather? -=)
Hey sorry to hear about your computer the best two anti trojan products are spyware and avg...they work everytime. I used to be in the comp business...so I promise they are great...norton is awful...yack...:) I hope those help if you can get it to boot ! Enjoy the journal:)
Hurry back! Ugh!! Viruses! A niece sent me one and I couldn`t reach any business stuff! Luckily, my son knows puters!
Vince
Michelle, go to www.spywareinfo.com and post in the forum. They'll help you get the baddies off step by step. You can also try an online virus scan at www.trendmicro.com.
Hope that helps!
Oh...what a bummer, Michelle. I just hate it when my computer acts up. But we'll all still be here...waiting patiently and with love, for your return. =)
I know how you feel, I did the same thing a little over a year ago...It took a while, but I finally got it back up and going. Good luck. I'll keep checking in whenever possible.
Mia
too funny...hope you get it fixed/....
http://journals.aol.com/bernmilo/WAYNEATOPICTURES
Sorry to hear your havin puter probs. Hope it gets fixed soon. Myself, I'm havin probs with spys and can't seem to find any free spyware removers that actually find it and remove it.
ok well, I hope things work out for you soon....going to miss you! :)
Just make sure you put the prophylactics on the HARD drive, not the FLOPPY drive. Otherwise you'll end up with a nasty virus!
Yikes! Sorry to hear that! I wish I knew more about that kind of stuff but I'm just as in the dark as anyone else. Hope you're back up and running soon. :-)
Yay, spring has finally arrived in your neck of the woods! It's about time, you sooooo deserve it.
Glad to hear you're enjoying the sunshine and that the swing set is up, but sad to hear about your comp problems. I've downloaded a trojan before, it's a nasty little bugger. I hope you can get rid of it soon!
Love reading about your family.Makes me homesick for New England! I just did the trojan virus/spyware thing. After days of fighting it with my Norton's (and losing) and purchasing a spyware killer (which missed some of what Norton's said I had! ughhg!) I gave up and did a total reformat. That's my suggestion to you. Every time online be sure to clean out your cookies after. They hold the adware/spyware most of the time. If I can help further, feel free to email me. Trust me I'm a pro with this junkie junk! Even computer illiterate doing a reformat is easy if walked through the steps. Anyway, take care, love your journal, you're surely blessed! **hugs** Marie Love that puter on fire pic! Lol
Hello Michelle: I am Mom to a 30 month old child and have two stepchildren, ten and eleven. I am also a full-time nurse and life is absoluteley filled with busy moments that seem never to cease. I have started some gardening as well with wildflowers, hanging plants, azalea bushes already in full bloom , and birdfeeders caring for the multitude of birdvisitors in my back yard along with occassional ducks on the lake. I live in southeastern Virginia, where we are pretty much blessed with mild weather. I can relate to replacing furniture and finding alternative activities and distractions for our ceaseless world of wonder in our toddler aged children. It seems so difficult at times with us continually picking up as our toddlers our one step ahead, creating their next exploratory behavior and our potential next fiasco. I am with you.
Kathy
Hello Michelle: I am Mom to a 30 month old child and have two stepchildren, ten and eleven. I am also a full-time nurse and life is absoluteley filled with busy moments that seem never to cease. I have started some gardening as well with wildflowers, hanging plants, azalea bushes already in full bloom , and birdfeeders caring for the multitude of birdvisitors in my back yard along with occassional ducks on the lake. I live in southeastern Virginia, where we are pretty much blessed with mild weather. I can relate to replacing furniture and finding alternative activities and distractions for our ceaseless world of wonder in our toddler aged children. It seems so difficult at times with us continually picking up as our toddlers our one step ahead, creating their next exploratory behavior and our potential next fiasco. I am with you.
By the way, I will be 41 at the end of this month as well.
Kathy
Hi Michelle,
I love your journal, and I just listened to your kids. That was so precious!
I live in Oakdale, CA and have three teenagers and three younger ones (11, 7, and 5).
I am also re-married, also to my best friend (Robb). I could echo so much of what you said!
Anyway, I enjoy the glimpse into your life. If you ever want to keep in touch, my e-mail addy is Becky7917@sbcglobal.net.
Sincerely,
Becky G.
You are still missing in action it seems!
I miss you!! Come back!! =)
Hi, Michelle,
I peeked at your journal to find out where ya were hiding. :o) We miss you..we hope your computer is feeling better soon. I take it the penicillian didn't work, lol.
OK... I'm getting worried now. Speak, woman... speak!
Dear computer: I hope you feel better soon! We miss your owner! Jeanne
Can you update at a cafe? the library? a school? anything!! We miss you! Hope you are well. Drop a line when you can. :)
Hurry back! We're missing you! =)
So sorry about your computer problems. I still have a trojan I'm having to get rid of. Thankfully it's not as bad as yours is. Really enjoyed your journal. I myself is a stay-at-home mom of a 2 year old and a 6 month old. Hope you get your computer fixed soon!
Hi Michelle, Your journal is great. I stumbled across it while wasting time online.... I can't watch another eposode of Ed, Edd, Eddie with my 3 yr old!!! It's great to know others suffer with teens, my mom did put the mothers curse when i had my first 2 (now 17 & 14.. ugh). I guess it's payback from my teen years. Get well wishes to you 'puter.
I LOVE YA,YOUR ATTITUDE,RESPECT FOR LIFE,AND YOUR LOVE OF FAMBILY
ALAN,AP107@AOL.COM
Two words for you, NORTONS or MCAFEE! LOL
Are you ever coming back? Hope so...
http://edit.journals.aol.com/fuzzypanda68/ItsmyLife
This is a cute idea, I enjoy reading your thoughts! Life is gog ,go, go ,for most everyone I know,but I am (almost) 65 ,so I have already gone through all of that and I am on my second batch,(my grandkids) ages 19 down to 18 mos. They really keep you young and add to your life. They will tell you about what's in and what to never ,never wear around them,not to embarass them! I love every minute of it! Life is a happy journey, when you have family and friends to go with you for the ride. Keep writing, and loving, and everything will be all right. Believe me!
still noooo computer??? miss you. :(
HI michelle it's me the uberdude!
Hi Michelle, this is Michelle.
I almost fell out of my chair when I read the bio of the journal. I also have a 16.5 yo (girl), and preschoolers, 4.5 and 3 in a few weeks. Boy and girl. Life is fun, busy, but fun. Look forward to reading more of your journal! It's been a while, hope the computer is better!!
We're missing you!!! Let us know how you are as soon as you can. :(
Love Mia
hot tip your teenager did download it believe me im 15 i know these things and im a girl please c'mon hes a boy actually the real reason im in here is cuz i wanna know how moms think its kinda interesting and i mean its just i wanna know why my mom bugs me so much
Post a Comment