Saturday, April 5, 2008

A Voice Still Here....

I knew it had been awhile since I've updated, but since January?  January??  ::::Seriously, in shock::::  Where the heck did time go?

The last time I wrote I mentioned my snowbird folks wouldn't be back until the snows melted up here in New England.  Well, it's April and they are heading home this coming Monday. 

Lots has happened....  But considering I haven't posted since January that shouldn't be a shock, lol.   We did go to FL during school vacation in February.  (A few pics are above).  We brought along Mikes Mom with us.  In 72 years she had never gone anywhere.   Long story short?  I think there is a reason she has never gone anywhere in 72 years.  Lots of anxiety being so far from home....  We are glad we brought her, but, we're pretty confident that she'll be quite content to spend the next 72 years in her own lil' town.  Our time in FL was a whirlwind because we drove down.  The kids are great travelers, but driving is always an adventure.   While in FL, we visited my folks, my brother and his family, my fav aunt & uncle and my foster sister Missi and her granddaughter.  We went to Cypress Gardens, Disney and SeaWorld.    Mikey LOVED rollercoasters, see that face in the pic above?  He wanted to ride them again and again.  I've always loved rollercoasters, so glad to have a lil' rollercoaster buddy.

We returned home happy and rested.

When Mike went back to work Monday he found out he could "rest" more.  He was laid off from work.   Sucked the way it happened, but can't say it was a total surprise.   For the past 6 years, his employment status was always like a yo-yo.  Work was very up and down & more recently the work load had been down.  His job was very stressful there on a daily basis.  Anyone that has been reading my journal for awhile, knows that his boss was not a very nice man.  Anyways, I think his lay-off is somewhat of a blessing.  I totally believe in "When one door closes another opens...."  

>>Tonight is my first day back to work.  Can't do any lifting for 4 - 6 weeks, but thinking that won't be a problem.  Will definitely be taking a nap before going in tonight though

 Hmmmm, a nap? 

                    Sounds pretty good right about now.....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear from you, we all missed hearing about your family, nice that you all had a good time visiting, boy that sure looked like a lot of fun.
Take care of yourself and the family, MIke will get some other work, it will all be taken care of.   (and remember, (concerning the boss), what goes around comes around).
Patricia-Chicagio

Anonymous said...

Wow...lay-offs, surgery, and stressed out MIL's.  Yea, I'd say a lot has happened!  LOL

My grandma is the same way....anytime she goes anywhere, she's stressing.  She can't just sit and enjoy herself.  It's kind of annoying.  

I'm glad your surgery went well and that you're recovering easily.  Just take it easy at work, ya hear?  Doesn't seem like you got much time off to recuperate.  :(

I'm really, really sorry to hear about the hubby's job.  That really stinks.  But, maybe he'll be able to find something better and more secure elsewhere.  Please keep us updated.  

I've missed you  a lot.

XOXO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

It's good to hear an update on your family, Michelle.  So has Mike found a new job?  Or did I miss that part.  I hope you fully heal well and quickly.  Looks like you had a really great time in FL.  Your mom must still be doing awesome, too!  
~Shel

Anonymous said...

hows the big puppy did he go nuts to see you return ? im so glad to see you post have missed youand the family pics ..wishing hubby much luck on finding a job in a hurry.have a great weekend take it easy at work if doc said so...  

Anonymous said...

Wow! It has been a long time- time flies when  you're having surgery and going to Disney World.  Now that Mike's laid off, he can take over the housework. See- a reason for everything!

With a little luck, he'll find a better one about the time you're fully healed.  And as for the boss - he'll get his and then it's neener, neener, neener!  I have also worked for jerks - the kind that make you wonder how a head that big gets thru the door in the morning?  I finally decided that if he didn't like me, it just reflected his poor judgement in hiring me. It made him nuts that he couldn't make me nuts!(Hee, Hee, Hee!!)

Seriously, glad you're all doing well. Hang in there!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

I was in Florida too visiting my dad and stepmom over Christmas break.  I can't believe how big your kids are getting!  Yes, life does happen that way.  Work has been very slow for my husband so he got another one over winter layoff, time will tell if he goes back to the old job.  Take good care, rose

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Welcome back! I'm playing catch up right now myself; I know how time can slip by without even knowing. Glad to see you back in here! =)

hugs!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Michelle!!!

I hope you are feeling better :)

How is your mom feeling ?

Looks like you had a great trip in Florida!!!!!!!!!!


Alice