Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Welcome 2008!

And so Christmas is over and a New Year has arrived.   Welcome 2008!

All was truly wonderful, probably the best Christmas I can remember, but I'm glad to be back to a routine.  I should say, I'm glad that the kids are back to their routine.  Makes life alot less hectic.... 

After the New Year, my folks have made their journey south to Florida where they'll stay until the snow melts up here in New England.  We are planning on going down this year to visit, just not really sure exactly when.  We wanted to take the kids during school vacation in February; unfortunately things are a bit crazy for Mike at work right now.   But no worries, we'll get there.  We won't do alot of touristy stuff, just want to soak in that sunshine,  but definitely will do one day at Disney & bring the kids to Sea World.  Fun stuff....

We are in the middle of a January thaw.  Yesterday was 64 degrees, today it's about 62.  Almost all of our snow, exposing leaves I didn't rake, is gone.  There's no doubt in my mind that global warming is real, but for a girl who hates snow it's hard to complain about the welcome Spring temps.  Seems almost cruel to have these beautiful days in the middle of winter.  Because it's only a tease, thanks Mother Nature!.  No doubt that soon we'll be plunged back into the artic air that usually surrounds us this time of year.  

Hmmmmm, think I'll share a few more pics from the holidays & then go out and enjoy this beautiful day.  Who knows, might snow tomorrow, lol.  

Mikey opening up his much wished for Hess Truck

Sammi LOVES these dolls....

Spencer and his girl, Jenni

Sammi & her "new sister Violet" in Mikey/Sammi's new F-150 Power Wheel

 

They LOVE bowling.... "New Years Day"

Dancing New Year's Eve to "YMCA"  Love the hats? LOL....

 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So great to see how the kids are growing and the celebration of Christmas and the NY going on there!!  Hope you have a fabulous 2008 and a great trip to FL!!  I'd love to go back there to vacation and wouldn't mind living there a few months out of the year but the summers were killing me there.  We are finally settled now in KY and bought a house last year.  Now I get to complain about interest rates for real.  LOL.  I missed the four seasons but mostly the contours of the land in the north.  Of course KY is still considered the gateway to the south so we are getting a little of both worlds here and I love it!! Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

wow...I can remember how little they were when I first started reading your journal!
Sounds as if you had a great holiday....
Hope you and your family have a healthy and happy 2008   : )

Tracie

Anonymous said...

It's good to hear from you, my friend.  :)

Like you, this was probably our best Christmas ever.  Parker and Autumn are finally 'getting' the whole holiday tradition.  It was really a lot of fun.  

You're kids are growing so fast!  Then again, so are mine.  lol

I LOVE the pictures of your mom and dad.  Precious times, indeed.  

I'm jealous about the FL trip.  Mind stowing away my family when you go?  LOL

Seeing the bowling pictures makes me want to take my kids bowling too!  I've avoided it so far, simply because our bowling allies are so smoke infested.  It's gross.  

Love you,
Bridgett

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a nice Christmas!  Love this first picture!  J

Anonymous said...

i love your writing....i can relate to what your feeling. It's so hard to go on somedays...but i agree the memories of my sister will get stronger and stronger...thank you for your support and i hope you find peace and comfort in your life. i pray for you and your sister.
Kelly