Monday, December 17, 2007

Yes, it's really me

I came home this morning after working 7pm - 7am and was greeted by Mike (leaving for work) saying, "Buddy had diarrhea in his cage this morning...."  He cleaned the cage but the smell still lingered in the air.  Seems Buddy still has some on his tail, but try as I may, I couldn't get our 90+lb puppy into the shower.   There I was, exhausted from the night working at the nursing home & now I was trying to drag the dog into the shower....  Didn't happen.  But a funny thing did happen.  I suddenly wanted to come here and put in an entry.    

And so, here I am....

Not really sure one should write in a journal when they've been up for over 26 hours, but I'm going to give it a try.  I'll add pictures so at least those will be amusing if the writing is pathetic. 

Lots has gone on....  Might be easier to show you some of what is happening in my life with the pictures. 

 

First of all, Mom remains in remission and is doing great.  I already have everything I want for Christmas this year.  Truly the most wonderful gift and everyday I say "Hey God, it's me Michelle, thank-you". (Here's a pic of her at the kids birthday party in August.)  We had Curious Creatures come to the party and this albino python was one of the stars.  I think the alligator came in a close second as a favorite.  Couldn't believe Mom wanted to hold the snake.  Mom is MUCH braver than Dad when it comes to snakes, he wouldn't even touch it, lol.   

Here are Sammi and Mikey with a few cousins and a friend holding the python.  I think both adults and kids had a good time with all the creatures.   Another thing that has been happening over at my end of the swamp is house renovations.  Our house is over 150 years old.  I believe the last time itwas updated was in the 70's.  The outside is now complete, but the inside is a work in progress.

Before pic....  

Another before pic....

And here's an after pic.  Actually I just noticed that the house is not totally completed in this picture, (there are some shutters missing) but as you can see, things are looking ALOT better.... 

Lets see, what else, what else?  Ohhhhh, I know.  Another big thing that happened here since I've last written is that the kids had plastic surgery.  I know they are a bit young, but peer pressure to look a certain way has already begun in kindergarten and 1st grade.  They hated their thin lips & so following the lead of popular actors/actresses  they had their lips plumped up.

A great improvement here too.  : )   

 

 

 

Ok, beginning to seriously nod off here, :::::must keep my eyes open and finish this entry::::::  Here are a few pics of our 8 month old puppy Buddy.  In this first pic he's wearing Mikey's t-shirt.  The kids used to love to dress him up.  The big goof would just let them.  They can't dress him up anymore though, because he's outgrown their clothes.  (And I better not come home and see Buddy wearing mine, lol). Sammi weighs 42lbs, Mikey weighs 46lbs, Buddy weighs 90+lbs. 

 

And lastly,here's a recent pic of all my kids.  (Spencer just turned 20 years old on Decemeber 15th!  20!  Is that possible?)  Guess it is & life is good. 

Well, my bed is definitely calling me now, have nodded off here a few times in the past few minutes.  I'll be back soon, still have lots to say. 

Everyone have their Christmas shopping done?  ....Like my house, that is also a work in progress.  Like my house, that is also a work in progress.  Oh, oh.... repeating myself.

Heading for bed...

                  Take care all & stay warm....

                          

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart doing an entry after 26 hours of work and no sleep and the accident with Buddy!!  So glad to hear your mom is still in remission!!!  Enjoyed the pics.  I would much prefer to see pics of snakes than in person.  LOL.  The house looks just beautiful!!!  Wishing you a Merry Christmas!!  We are now up in Kentucky and loving it here.  Snow should come anyday now.
Lisa
http://journals.aol.com/randlprysock/AdventuresFromFlorida/  

Anonymous said...

Hello!!!!!!  So much to comment on here.  First, I remember those icky days of working the 7P to 7A shift.  I empathize.  Truly, I do.  Hopefully you don't have to go in tonight??  

Second, love the python!  I'd so be wrapping that thing around me.  LOL  I love snakes and spiders.  I'm weird, I know.  What a great idea for a party!  Parker would probably freak out though...so maybe not such a good idea for him.  ;)

I'm just thrilled that your mom is still in remission.  Truly, what more could you ask for?  

As for your house....WOWZA!  The remodeling looks FANTASTIC!  Looks like a completely different house.  Ya'll must be thrilled with the results.  

LMAO @ the kids Angelina Jolie lips.  I guess nobody can resist that plastic surgery, eh?  

I've been finished with Christmas shopping for a couple weeks now, thank heavens!  Then again, I started way back in August.  LOL  

I've really missed you....stay in touch!

Happy Holidays, my friend.  

XOXO,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

I cannot express just how much I've enjoyed reading your journal. More then a few times you've made me laugh out loud & when you wrote that your Mom had cancer I was almost brought to tears. I am so glad that your prayers were answered & that she is going to be okay. Although I don't celebrate X-Mas I do wish only the best for you & your family. You have a wonder family & your children are truly adorable. You have every reason to be proud.

Anonymous said...

God BLess your MOM--AMEN to prayers./ and joy is this season for your reason is Jesus and his healing love.
Love the work you write/ Janice in NY

Anonymous said...

Yay! You updated! So happy to hear from you! I enjoyed the photo updates as well. The kids look happy; Gosh, they're growing up so fast! Where does the time go?

What a blessing! You're mom is still doing well. Thats GREAT news!

And the house looks fantastic!!! WOW - I didn't know your house was that old. You may have mentioned it before. Old houses are my favorite houses. So much history in them.

Nothing like cleaning up a good case of diarrhea to get the writing juices flowing, right? ;-P  Sorry about the puppy having diarrhea, but I'm glad it inspired you to update your journal. heehee!

Lots of hugs and a Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Mia ~  

Anonymous said...

Great news about your mom...that is just wonderful!!!

I love the idea of having the animals for the birthday party...I have never heard of doing that.

Your house is gorgeous!!!  I love old houses....mine is almost 100 years old.

Good to see an update from you...even if I am really late reading it...lol.

Hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday!!!

Tracie

Anonymous said...

Michelle.....
Nice to see you posted. I hope your Holiday was a wonderful one with the family!
The kids have grown so MUCH!!!
Hugs,
Gina

Anonymous said...

20?!!  When did that happen?  Where does the time go?  You DO realize he was a CHILD when we met.  Yikes.

The house looks gorgeous.  The kids are as beautiful as ever (even the plastics).  Great news about your mom.  And I'm hoping you got around to finishing your "work in progress" as Christmas has now passed.

I was thrilled to experience so much snow while in New Hampshire.  Now I'm just as thrilled to be home in L.A. where there's no need for a remote car starter (the greatest invention for New Englanders EVER!)

Happy Holidays sweetie!
xo