Monday, May 21, 2007

Still here....

Sammi age 5, holding baby Natalia Mariette  (aka..."Nattie") LOL Moe, it's my journal I can call her that if I wanna....

Lately, as I've been going about my life I've been noticing things more.  You know, those fleeting every day occurences that happen in life that either you're too busy to take notice of or sometimes make you scratch your head and ask, "Why?" (Not that there are really any answers to the questions). 

A few recent random observations....

Why do I always seem to have an audience when going to the bathroom, that is, until the roll is empty and I need someone to get me a new one?

When I was young, why did I feel fat when I wasn't?  And now that I'm older, and am fat, why am I comfortable in my body?

Why do cars cut me off by pulling out in front of me like they're in some great hurry, but then drive so slowly I want to ram them from behind?  (I totally understand road rage). And why does this always happen when I'm in a rush to get somewhere?

When I was younger I loved to swing.  I'd swing so high that I pretended to touch the sky.  Why, now that I'm older, the moment I begin to swing I get all woozey and need to get off?

Why do I always have good hair days when I have no place to go?

Why does the President always decide to make a speech during my favorite show?

With bathing suit season upon us, why do magazines have anorexic-sized women, modeling plus-sized bathing suits?  Hmmmm....

And one other thing that recently made me say Hmmmm...

I've had an American flag magnet on my fridge for years.  The other day I turned it over and noticed it said, "Made in China".  Hmmmm....   Now I'm sitting here wondering if people in China have Chinese flag magnets on their fridges, that say "Made in America" on the back?  Somehow I doubt it....

Well, life is calling... suppose I should go answer it.

Quote of the day::   There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. -- Albert Einstein

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww - is Nattie yours?  I've got one of my oldest trying to nurse her baby sister when big kid was 2.

I've been listening to The Secret audiobook in the car - at least when my kids aren't moaning and groaning "Do we HAFTA?" (and these are in college!) - somethings never change. Anyway, it does answer some questions.

So far, all I've been able to attract is green lights and parking spaces(YAY!), but I'll take 'em.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

sammy looks so much older in that pic with natalie, what beautiful girls.... glad to her from you nice entry, and hows mom feeling update soon please.i miss you entrys so far between them ... god bless you and your family.... Sue

Anonymous said...

Excellent questions.  I am so with ya!!  Good to hear from you and sounds like you are doing well !!  Have a great day!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I found your journal through old comments in mine...not sure when I stopped reading....but I will be back. My journal is private now.....if you want to read it...just email me.

Tracie
(Welcome to my Life)

Anonymous said...

I'm sooooo following you on this!  

I always have an audience too.  Even more disgusting, Autumn always wants to see the toilet paper after I've wiped.  LOL

As for the weight thing....YES!  I used to wear a size 9/10, but because my friends were all 6 to 8, I actually thought I was fat.  I won't mention my size now.  ;)

Swinging?  Again, I'm with ya!  Roller coasters and swings, both of which I used to LOVE...I can't do anymore.  :(  I get really sick just like my mom used to.  What is it about being a child that makes us immune to motion sickness?

Natalia is very cute.....and I noticed the middle name too.  ;)

XOXO,
bridgett