I've been thinking about the Dr's suggestion. I've tried to remove myself from the emotional aspect of not wanting to consider his suggestion (temporary nursing home/rehab), to looking at the benefits that may be gained.... I was fearful that any physical gains that may be made, would be over-shadowed by the emotional aspect of being there.
And as much as I don't want to agree with the Dr, (he still has poor people skills), I think he had a point. Mom's body is so weak & frail. The chemo has kicked her butt. It is her spirit (which is strong) and her sheer will to survive, that continues to carry her through this nightmare. Rehab will make her walk even on days she doesn't want to. I believe she could get strong there...
Oh, and the good news? Today Mom found out that her cancer has significantly (and he said, "when I say significantly, I mean SIGNIFICANTLY has decreased"). Hope springs eternal....truly.
Thanking God today and thanking everyone for their prayers and good thoughts.
Fight on Mom. I'm there with you 110% How could I not be?
XO
6 comments:
I'm also behind your Mom 110% and also behind you supporting you through all of this. What is up with the doctors and their people skills? Some of the BEST doctors just cannot speak to people. As long as he is helping, that's all that really matters right now.
Sending you love, prayers and hugs,
Lisa
Just getting caught up here. Wonderful news about your mom's cancer decreasing. Keeping the faith. Much love to all of you.
On a lighter note - your kids are skyrocketing! Who gave them permission to grow so fast? Congrats to the graduators. Where are they now? I wanna hear.
Great to hear from you over at my place/blog. Good chance I'll be back in town within the year. Would love to get together.
xo
Trish
Michelle,
What awesome news!!!!! you are all still my families pryaers. Cancer Sucks!!!!! It took my grandma and it will soon take my uncle he had a high number for his psa ans was todl for a year. IT has spread and he has had a rare thoart cancer that has been cured so he qualifies for no studies.
Wow!! I have to read up on your journal Michelle!! I've missed a lot and it's always great news when they say it's decreased significantly!! God is in that business of miracles!! Praying with you all!!! Hugs,
Lisa
Seacoast Massachusetts, you say? I grew up in Duxbury.
Pop in and say Hi!
{{{Michelle!}}} I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's battle. I've been away from journal land for a loooong time and decided this week to check in with some of my faves. I'm so sad to read this. But, this entry sounds like a positive one. I haven't read the others yet, but I am on my way to doing that right now.
I will keep you and your mom in my prayers, beginning tonight. Be strong and keep the faith. Lean on your friends when you need to.
hugs,
Mia and family ~
Post a Comment