Monday, August 22, 2005

Too Many Too-matoes

A picture of a few of my just-picked tomatoes....

 

Here's a picture of some of my garden's success.   Althuogh I've had some luck with my broccoli, cabbage, and green peppers, the most fruitful by far, are my tomatoes.   On Saturday we picked 70 tomatoes and there's still many more to go.  We've easily picked over 100 so far....  Mike has made some wonderful sauce for spaghetti, far better than any jar sauce I've ever tasted.  I tried to make some, and though it was tasty, it was not nearly as good as Mike's.   So guess who'll be making more sauce?  We'll freeze it for future enjoyment.  : ) 

I just love fresh tomatoes.... (guess it's a good thing I do, lol)  I don't get sick of them because soon the garden season here in New England will be over.  When our tomatoes are gone, we'll be forced to eat those hard orange-tinged things called "tomatoes" from California again....  It's just not the same.

Side note:  While I was typing this entry, things around my house got too quiet.  Guess what the two little ones were doing? 

*

*

*

*

*

*

They were both standing naked in the back room trying to figure out how they could use the litter box.   Oh my!!!!!!  These two, honestly.....too much.  Hey at least the litter box was clean, .and it still is, I caught them before they actually tried......

Well, off to the pool to swim.  Summer has returned for the moment....   

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beauties!  We have been enjoying fresh garden veggies as well.  My grandfather is 87 and he still has a huge garden full!  Carrots and potatoes are next!  Glad you are still enjoying the nice end of summer weather here in New England.  I've already been noticing the leaves change!!  Michelle

Anonymous said...

LMAO ~ Your kids are something else!!  Mischievous doesn't even begin to describe those two little cuties.  

I love fresh tomatoes too...you could send a few my way if you've got leftovers.  <grin>  

Have fun swimming!!

Love,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

yummy tomatoes!!!!  send some my way!
Becky

Anonymous said...

OMG!  Too funny about the litterbox!  Those two are a trip!!!  Thank God it was clean!  LOL!  Those tomatoes look so yummy!  Just had BLT's last night because one of my hubby's co-workers gave him some tomatoes from his garden.  There is nothing that compares to home grown tomatoes, NOTHING!  YUMMY!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those tomatoes sure look good! And I absolutley LOVE the ladybug tablecloth. i love lady bugs. I was also wondering where you got yours from, i have to get me one. lol your 2 little ones are a trip. I've had many a laugh at their antics reading through your journal and they are so cute as well. anna

Anonymous said...

gorgeous maters:)

Anonymous said...

Wow... we love tomatoes in this house!  Maybe you could can some of them for the winter.  ANd broccoli, cabbage and peppers too!  You are the green thumb woman!!  Yay!  If I could just figure out how to grow more veggies in the Florida sand.  We have to bring dirt for every dang thing we plant down here.  Hugs,
Lisa