Monday, August 15, 2005

Chuck The Good Luck Duck

Eighteen years ago as I lay three months pregnant and scared in a hospital bed; my sister-in-law Holly, (who is a nurse), reached in her uniform pocket and gave me Chuck The Good Luck Duck.  She said,  "Everything is going to be ok.  Here's Chuck The Good Luck Duck."  I laughed as I squeaked that yellow duck, but you know what? Somehow I felt a little better.  Someone had given Chuck to her a few years earlier when she was having a health scare..   

Chuck has come out of my dresser drawer a handful of times since.  He's traveled to be with different family members when they've had health worries.  Chuck has never been washed nor has his torn wing been mended.  Every stain and tear tell a story.

Chuck is out of the drawer once more, ready if needed ....But I'm hoping I can put him away.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow Mike.  Keep the faith and stay positive.  They'll figure out what's wrong and as Holly told me many years ago when I received Chuck, I just know "everything is going to be ok."  

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's always nice to have something tangible, such as Chuck The Good Luck Duck, to hold on to and feel comforted somehow.  I pray your friend finds answers and gets well soon.... Michelle  

Anonymous said...

awww...I love chuck!!!
becky

Anonymous said...

Chuck sounds like a good guy to have around. I'll be keeping your family in my thoughts...

~Heather

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, Chuck the Good Luck Duck sounds like a wonderful healer in his own right!!  The stories he could tell!!  
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

I hope all is well...

Love,
bridgett