Monday, July 11, 2005

Sammi Turns 4....

Martina McBride : Martina : 'In My Daughter's Eyes'  <!~click to listen

In my daughter's eyes I am a hero
I am strong and wise and I know no fear
But the truth is plain to see
She was sent to rescue me
I see who I wanna be
In my daughter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes everyone is equal
Darkness turns to light and the
world is at peace
This miracle God gave to me gives me
strength when I am weak
I find reason to believe
In my daughter's eyes

And when she wraps her hand
around my finger
Oh it puts a smile in my heart
Everything becomes a little clearer
I realize what life is all about

It's hangin' on when your heart
has had enough
It's giving more when you feel like giving up
I've seen the light
It's in my daughter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes I can see the future
A reflection of who I am and what will be
Though she'll grow and someday leave
Maybe raise a family
When I'm gone I hope you see how happy
she made me
For I'll be there
In my daughter's eyes

Happy birthday Sammi-girl....

                                      ....I love you

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sammi!
Candace

Anonymous said...

Beautiful song for a beautiful little girl and her Momie to share!  Someone has to show me how to put my pictures to music like this!  (P.S. I always look forward to reading your journal entries.  I'm also a Mom and a Registered Nurse)

Anonymous said...

~~Happy Birthday Sammi~~

Wonderful Song...

She looks so tiny in those pics!!

Enjoy the wonderful day!

~Jennifer~
http://journals.aol.com/perkysgrl/APickleForYourThoughts



Anonymous said...

Awwww!  What a beautiful picture of you peacefully sleeping babe!  I used to love taking pics of my girls sleeping as babies.  There is something about the measure of innocence after they drift of into dreamland....my girls are 8 and 11 now, but the song In My Daughter's Eyes still makes me teary!!  Happy Birthday to your little one... Michelle  

Anonymous said...

OMGosh!  I just scrolled back up and saw a whole slide show of Sammi pics!!  SO CUTE!!  Michelle :o)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sammi! Your a doll!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, love the pictures and love this song!  I have it on my computer and listen to it all the time!!!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET GIRL!!!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!  She was an exquisite little baby and she's so cute now!

Did you ever notice that in the one picture where your hubby is holding Sammi that it looks like she has (ahem) well, she has the FACE of a girl, but the plumbing of a boy.  OK, leave it to DiAnne to say that, huh?? LOL

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love the way you made it so the pictures flip... How'd you do dat?  Beautiful entry!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  My twins just turned 4 last month.  I know what you mean... the lyrics of this song are great.  Shana

Anonymous said...

http://journals.aol.com/shanazdrojowy/MyRealityShow/entries/1757

Before things change too much, and because things are changing, I thought you'd like an invitation to come and check out my journal.

Shana

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, Happy Birthday Sammi!!  Darling photos!  What a cutie pie!  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

lovely slide show and words!  happy birthday sammi!

~  www.jerseygirljournal.com

Anonymous said...

ahhhhh, I'm all weepy weepy weepy!
considering my daughters 12 now, I know how time is so
swift.  love that song.
love it.
great entry!!!
love them pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

I love Matina McBride & I love almost all of her songs, but I have to agree that that one is one of her truly good ones. That & her song "Blessed" I think thats the name of it.