And so my weekend continues....
After my niece's birthday party on Saturday, I rushed home to help Spencer get ready for his Jr. Prom. Unfortunately, I arrived home just as he was leaving to pick up his date, corsage in hand. I'm happy to report, that there were no encounter's with a rubber ball the night before his Jr. Prom this year. So, at least he didn't need me around to help him with his make-up to conceal one of the largest hickies I had ever seen. Honestly, I stll laugh when I see this picture....(read here Warning!!!)
Although there were no hickies to contend with, the weather was a different story. A nor'easter blew in the day of the Jr. Prom.... Our swing blew over, large tree limbs fell and our patio furniture danced around the the deck from the 60mph gusts. So much for pictures in front of the flowering cherry tree.
Luckily for the masses of parents with camera's poised, the school held a promenade for the prom attendees. This was held before the prom, so that parents and friends could see them all dressed up and take pictures. Mike was at a woodturning seminar all day, so I had to be the photographer. The picture above was the best shot I took, but it doesn't do them justice. They really did look great, ahhh well, I was just happy I didn't cut off their heads in the picture.
......Hey, is that a scar from the rubber ball I see on his forehead?
6 comments:
soooo sweeet!
I went to only one prom.
it was my Senior prom and with my
husband now.
guys just didn't dig me that way.
???
I think it's a great pic and he looks so much
older than the hickey picture, lol.
OMG, I remember that entry from last year! Has it already been a year since I have been reading your journal?! WOW! I have to admit that Spencer looks much better this year! :) And, his date was absolutely GORGEOUS! Good job with the pics Mom!
Hugs and love, Lisa
He has really grown up, hasn't he? That's a mixed thing for a mom....I know! He and his date look great!
~Tina
Thanks for posting the photo from the prom! I missed mine but we are re creating our own little get dressed up and go out night hopefully in August. You have a handsome son! Glad he didn't have a hickey on his head for this one.
Hugs,
Lisa
my daughter just had Jr prom and she has Sr prom in june. She got hit in the lip with a lacrosse stick a couple days before prom, but thankfully the swelling went down by the big night! would have had alot of photoshopping to fix her photos and she would ahve been mortified going with 1/2 a fat lip! great photo you put up. ouch on the head booboo
~ www.jerseygirljournal.com
The rubber ball scar photo is one of those things the family will laugh about for years and years to come.
He and his date look so handsome and beautiful for the prom!
Mia
Post a Comment