Wednesday, April 6, 2005

Time To Face Reality

                                               

The other day I went to the store to buy pantyhose.  It's been awhile since I've had a need for pantyhose ......can't remember the last time I wore a dress.  Perhaps, years?  So, I'm not sure what possessed me a month ago when I bought a black skirt with polka dots.  Finally having an occasion to wear the skirt, I journeyed down that seldom traveled pantyhose aisle at the grocery store.  I picked up my old usual size (long/tall) and checked out the chart on the back.  Yikes!  Apparently I'm no longer just tall, but in need of a bit more material.  Next size up?  Queen...  As I picked up the package the first thought that entered my mind was, "See? You are Queen of your castle..... your pantyhose says so."   That thought truly made me smile, but I also knew it was time to get a handle on my weight.

Sooooooooo, with my Girl Scout thin mints and Easter peeps devoured, I decided to join Weight Watcher's.  All has been going well and in the past 3 weeks, I've dropped 10.5 lbs... Last night at my weigh-in the woman said, "Great job, you've lost 4.2 lbs"  As I sat in the meeting I felt so proud of myself.  Yes, I can really do this....  I drove home feeling elated.

When I got home I decided that I should reward myself.  With what, you ask?

*
*
*
*
*

Two Twix bars and a chocolate pudding cup.  Hmmmmm....thinking I need to find a new way of rewarding myself.  .....Old habits are hard to break.   

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL ~ hey, everybody deserves a few Twix bars now and again.  It's my favorite candy bar.  

It's wonderful you've lost so much weight.  I wish I could do something like that, but I just don't think we can afford it right now.  

Love,
b

Anonymous said...

I CAN'T SEEM TO GIVE UP MY CARMELLO BAR.  DO YOU DO IT ONLINE (THE WEIGHT WATCHERS)?? GOOD JOB

Anonymous said...

Weight Watchers is a good group. It helped me get back in shape. As for the treat?  I say, "gotta enjoy yourself once in awhile." But ONCE in awhile. lol
Hugs, hon. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

LOL at least you are just in queen size....I think I have hit megaqueen!!!!  yikes!!!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Great job!  I did Weight Watchers last spring and I did pretty well with it.  I gained everything back and I am working on losing it again.  My favorite treat when I hit a goal was to go to McDonald's and get a small ice cream cone.  It worked enough to give me a cold, sweet treat.  It was wonderful.  Now if only I could put down the chocolate once a month when "Aunt Flo" visits.....oh well!  LOL!
Good job with the weight loss!  Pat yourself on the back! (you prolly lost a few chasing those frick-its!  LOL)
Gina

Anonymous said...

Hooray for you!!!
Keep it up..........we're all here cheering you on!!!
A better reward........how about the next size down in clothes you're wearing now (and maybe just one mini twix bar, lol).

Anonymous said...

Oooo, YUMMY!  Did you stick the Twix bars into the chocolate pudding and eat it that way?  LOL!  Good for you going to Weight Watchers!!  I used to buy Queen even when I was 125 pounds actually, I didn't like the pantyhose that would squish me around the middle.  
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Good for you.  That Weight Watchers really seems to work from all I hear about it.  And who cares about the Twix.  Everyone needs a little treat sometime!

Anonymous said...

Right on.  Congrats.  The reward/treat was well deserved.  Ten lbs is what I'd like to shed.  Maybe I could do it in three weeks.  Inspiring. :)

Anonymous said...

Hooray for the weight loss!  I need to follow your example...well, I sort of am following it....seeing as I am now going to go buy a couple of Twix bars!  

~Tina

Anonymous said...

I found your journal through bridgette' interview link.  I love the entries I've read.  I am thinking about trying Weight Watchers.  It sounds like you've had a lot of success so far.  Congrats!!  I feel inspired when I read of other's positive experiences.  Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

So glad I found your journal! I just started WW last night and I am looking forward to finally getting rid of my weight! Robin