Yes, I'm still here.... just living my crazy life. Too busy living it to write about it...
Let's see... Spring has arrived, so I'm getting outside more with the kids. Cabin fever has officially ended, but winter is trying to hold on. It snowed last night, thankfully no shovels needed. Then there's my must-see TV; Fear Factor, American Idol and Survivor. Bought a new clothes dryer, our old one almost started on fire. Still chasing those frickin' crickets, picking up downed tree limbs and other debris that winter left behind and need to buy a new lawnmower because our old one broke at the end of last year. Called the pool guy to come over and replace our pool liner. Apparently this winter was too much for the liner, the ice tore a huge hole in it and all our water drained out (into our cellar). I've been working some crazy night shift hours that have really put my body out of whack, but I'm enjoying the extra money. Think we'll need it, lol.
(Taking a breath).... Ok, now I'll continue.
Spent last weekend in Boston at Spencer's music competition. He did very well, but he's still licking his wounds. He placed 2nd in the pop category, which is great. But he has been 1st in that category for the past five years. Yes, the accordian king has been dethroned, and is none too happy. I've spent the last few weeks visiting different preschools with Sammi. Wasn't planning on sending her until kindergarten, but we decided that she could really benefit from the social aspect of it. She'll be going 2 days a week from 8:00am - 12:00pm. Preschool costs have really gone up since the last time I had a child in preschool fourteen years ago. And talk about prices going up? Gas...filled up my tank the other day to the tune of $52.00. Crazy, but don't think prices will be going down anytime soon. Mike's job is on shaky ground... two weeks ago he was asked to hold off on cashing his paycheck for a few days, then last week his paycheck bounced. No work coming in and Mike has fielded a few phone calls from creditor's wanting money from his boss. Nope, not good. Mike is expecting a pink slip with his paycheck this week. Suppose I should be more worried about this situation, but I'm not. Have faith in the saying, "When one door closes, another opens." ....All will be fine, maybe even better....
Oh, and have I mentioned we are still chasing those frickin' crickets? : )
7 comments:
oh, no!!!! sorry to hear about Mike's job and pay check... I would be calling someone because the Boss can get in lots of trouble...and i would be pissed off enough to di ti , if it were my hubby's check!!!
Becky
You have a great attitude! WOW! I would be freaking out if Todd's job was in jeopardy! Mainly because I would have to go back to work full time and I don't wanna! WAAAHHH! I cannot believe you are still chasing those crickets!!! That is just too funny (not for you, but to me it is!). I am not sending Emma to preschool. I want her immune system to get ready for the onslaught of "normal" germs in school before sending her. I also am not sending her until she is almost 6 years old. But, that's what happens when you have a September baby. My other two were born in November, so I kept them out until they were almost 6, didn't seem fair to send her at 4 years old ya' know? Preschool is VERY expensive and that's another reason! Here it's $85 for 3 days a week, from 9-12:00. NO WAY!
Hugs and love, Lisa
Sorry to hear about Mike's job, but maybe it's opening the door for something better. Who knows what God has in mind.
Have you looked into preschools connected with your church? Used to be beaucoups cheaper - at least they were 10 years ago when my youngest was that age.
Hang in there!
Kathy
HeeHee....Michelle...your life is never a dull moment up there. It's been quite busy with me, too. Drama, drama, drama. I have 7 cats and a dog in my house right now, A useless hubby and 2 children. I'm sorry- but the thought of those darn frickets still being around is kind of amusing. I had them in my basement. Imagine doing wash and one jumps up the skirt you are wearing. NOT FUNNY when it happens....but good for a chuckle later on. Thinking good thoughts about your hubby, too!!
Gina
You know, every time a job has ended for my husband, the next one is so much better. I hope that is the same for you!
~Tina
Holy cow...so much information! LOL
First, I'm sorry about Mike's job. Doesn't sound like a good situation, does it? But why in the world are creditor's calling Mike regarding his boss? That's nuts.
I bet Sammi will love pre-school. Parker sure does. Luckily, since he's in special education, it's all state-funded...even for the wealthy kids (which doesn't include Parker, that's for sure...LOL).
And Spencer should be darn proud of 2nd place! That's certainly nothing to be ashamed of...but I can understand how he feels. Having been on top for 5 years...I'm sure that's a hard pill to swallow.
Catch those crickets already, Michelle!!!!! <grin>
Love,
bridgett
That is one of my favorite sayings too. I hope another door or window has been opened for you guys. :)
Mia
ps - My parents storm cellar has huge crickets in it. When I was little, I'd rather get blown away by a tornado than go into that cellar! A few weeks ago, I still felt that way. Ewww! Just can't stand 'em! Long story, I had a bad run-in with a bucket of fishing crickets when I was about 6 yrs old. -LOL
Post a Comment