I wrote this poem last year, November 26th, 2003. I had hoped to write another poem for this Thanksgiving, but life has been busy. Time truly waits for no one.... So, in honor of this day of Thanksgiving, of which I have much to be thankful for, I've decided to share last year's poem again.... Hey, I'm allowed, it's my journal, lol.....
This morning I peeled a banana for the 2 babies to eat. Sammi broke off the top half of the banana. It was ripe and unblemished. As I continued to peel the rest of the banana, I discovered that the banana had brown patches. As I gave Mikey this less-than-perfect piece of fruit I was reminded of a fond memory. When growing up none of us wanted the brown part of the banana. But mom would always say, "the brown part of the banana is the sweetest part." That memory is my inspiration for this Thanksgiving poem...
*Sweet Things In Life*
Written by Michelle S./s0ngbird1962
I'm thankful for the sweet things in life,
I'm thankful to be my husband's wife.
I'm thankful for the sweet smells of my babies after a bath,
I'm thankful that my teenage son doesn't need my help in math.
I'm thankful for.....
A friend, not a telemarketer, calling,
The sound of my old car not stalling.
The soft feel of my bunny's fur,
The content sound of my cats purr.
The roof (although leaking) over my head,
Warm flannel sheets keeping me warm in bed.
Food in the fridge, plenty to eat,
Enough money to make ends meet.
The laughter & giggles of children at play,
Waking up in the morning; a brand new day.
All these sweet things in life warm my heart.
And remember...
The brown part of a banana is the sweetest part.
Quote for today: " Who does not thank for little will not thank for much."
--Estonian proverb
*Happy Thanksgiving to my family & friends near and far....*graphics by cybergifs.com
11 comments:
This is a Beautiful Poem!!!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Kate
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and your family. I so look forward to your journal entries!
I love this poem.
I hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving!
Hugs and love,
Heather
Beautiful poem Michelle!! Thank you for sharing it again because I don't remember it from last year, but then again, I can't really remember yesterday! Hee-hee! And, brown bannana's make the best bannana bread right?! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!! :)
Hugs and love, Lisa
Happy Thanksgiving. Lovely poem!
Happy Thanksgiving. Loved the poem. *Barb* http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK
Happy Thankgiving to you and yours...
Jennifer
Aw, Michelle! I love this. Thanks for sharing with us!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Mia and family
That was so sweet.
I used to tell my daughter that the brown spots
was "banana sugar" she bought it then, but at 11
not so much. :p
what a great thankful poem.
Beautiful!!
Thanks for sharing!
{{{Hugs }}}
V
so nice....Happy Thanksgiving....belated, but happy wishes nonetheless!
~jerseygirl
Post a Comment