Finally, I've made it to the computer. The stomach virus continues to make its rounds here at the house. Mikey started at 3am this morning, so we all camped out in the livingroom. I've been feeling a little nauseaus, but at this point I think it's more psychological than physical. Stocked up on ginger-ale and crackers just in case....
Well, enough about me....
Today is my Mom's birthday.... A week ago I made a wav./recording, singing a verse from a song that expresses how I feel about my Mom. The wav. I made was supposed to only be a quick test recording. I wanted to re-do it when the house was quieter, but it wasn't meant to be. So, Mom.... here's the song I've sung to you for your birthday. *Complete with Dora the Explorer playing in the background, lol* Oh, and the crying you hear at the end of the wav.? Well, funny story....
It took me all of about 1 minute 24 seconds to sing this verse, but when I finished the last note, I realized that it was too quiet in the livingroom. Both toddler's were sitting around the corner watching Dora the Explorer. So, I thought....
When I stood up and looked around the corner, I saw them both in the kitchen. Sammi let out a cry (caught on the recording) when she realized she had been caught. ....Caught doing what? They managed to get the dish detergent off the counter and poured half a bottle of Green Apple Palmolive on the floor. She handed the bottle really quickly to Mikey when she saw me coming, then ran to hide in the next room. When I called her to come, she looked at me with an innocent face and said, "I didn't do it....Mikey did." I might have been convinced if she wasn't covered from head to toe in the green soapy mess... :::shaking head:::
Ahhhhh yes...motherhood. Some days I go crazy with my 3 children; Mom, I don't know how you did it with six children. You are truly my hero and through the years you have been the wind beneath my wings. I have always admired your strength, talent, unselfishness, wisdom and unconditional love....
"My birthday song for you, Mom" <!~ click here to listen
I love you.... Happy Birthday! We'll be over as soon as we are feeling better. Oh, and a picture of your present will be coming soon to a journal near you. : )
:
19 comments:
You have a BEAUTIFUL VOICE! What a gift from the Lord to you and to your mother! I love it! Thanks for sharing! Shana
You have a beautiful voice,and that was a teriffic song for your mother!, You are truly blessed with a wonderful family, thank you for sharing your life.
Tess
Aw Michelle, what can I say, you always give me the best gifts ever that a mother can receive....... you are so very special and I don't have the words or your gift to express myself. You took me completely off guard this morning, but thank you, thank you, thank you........ See you soon,
LOL, mom
Awww, Michelle, you made me cry!! I am sure your Momma shed a little tear too when she heard that. Dora in the background was perfect because it showed that you are a true Momma just like she is. You both are truly blessed to have each other.
Hugs and love, Lisa
P.S.: You have an absolutely BEAUTIFUL voice!
Gorgeous voice and sweet entry. :)
aww I bet your Mom is very pleased!
You have a great voice and what a lovely way to pay tribute to your mother! Thank you for sharing it with us.
Candace
This is so beautiful! I wish your Mom a very happy birthday!
First, you have a beautiful voice...if I were you, I'd show it off more often. And you know what? The Dora The Explorer and crying in the background seems fitting somehow. LOL Pretty darn cute, too.
I just relate so much to the things your write about here...toddlers...ya gotta love 'em!
Take care of yourself.
Love,
Bridgett
By the way, I hope you're all feeling better! Give Sammi and Mikey kisses for me!
OH - MY - GODDESS !!!!! You have an incredibly beautiful voice! That was your scratch track? Nuh-uh! Let's hear more more more!!! [what kind of mic did you use?]
Oh yeah, Happy (belated) Birthday Michelle's Mom!
Happy Birthday to your Mom. You have such a beautiful voice,wow!!!
~JerseyGirl
What a delightful entry, but hope all feel 100% soon. judi
I'm sorry to have been away for so long! I'm glad to hear all of your news and be back in J-land. At least the first snow is finally melting. Jeanne
Happy Birthday to your mom! What a beautiful entry. I am in tears. You sing wonderfully! I hope you and your family are feeling 100% soon.
And all I did was send a card and a phone call. Sure...make the rest of us look bad :)
I HOPE you SING to those babies!!!
Children love to hear mommy sing. Maybe they'd stay out of mischief too.
God blessed you with many creative talents!
Tell me do you paint too?
oh, and happy birthday Michelle's mom!
Michelle!!
That was sooo pretty :D
one of my favorite songs too.
great job!!!
and I liked the story behind the cry at the end, lol! and the dora sountrack in the background...perfect. :D
Post a Comment