I've been so tired lately.... so very tired. I woke up the other morning with dark circles under my eyes. With my vision still bleary from sleep, I tried washing them away. I thought that the circles were the result of mascara that I had forgotton to remove. Nope, no removing these dark circles. I don't like how they look, so hoping that they won't become a permanent physical feature of mine. Not sure why I'm so tired, maybe it's my thyroid? Maybe it's from working the night-shift and then trying to live a day-shift life? Maybe it's the exhaustion that comes every year with the holidays? ...I don't know, but I want to snap out of this constant lethargic mode.
There are days that these feelings of exhaustion affect my life. For instance, on the days I dare snooze when the toddler's nap. The last time I took a nap the same time as them, Sammi escaped over the livingroom gate and smeared peanutbutter on the bunny's cage. (Miffy is doing fine, she really likes peanutbutter.) Some Mom's have the luxury of being able to catch a catnap when their toddler's nap, I can't. My brain knows this, but the body sometimes wins.
Last evening as I watched TV with Mike, I once again fought off the urge to sleep. Mike said, "this is why the kids always get into things when you are with them. You're always nodding off to sleep." I became a bit irritated and reminded him that I am with them 95% of the time, so of course they get into more things on my watch. (I didn't remind him that they get hurt most from accidents when with him. I wanted to....but didn't want to argue. I was too tired, lol.) Mike went on to say, "well, they never get into things when I'm watching them." Apparently he didn't get the memo that a person should never say "never".
Mike had put 2 year old Mikey to bed about 45 minutes earlier. Mike was sitting in what we call the "watch chair". This chair allows you to sit in the livingroom and watch TV, but you can still see the kitchen and hear what's going on in the toddler's bedroom. Because Mikey was so quiet, Mike assumed he was asleep. Little did he know....
See that tub of Balmex up there? Mike brought it home earlier in the evening and didn't put it away. Guess who found it? :::laughing::: Amazing how far a tub of that stuff goes when wiped on every toy, wall, bureau, hamper, bed and rug in a room. When Mike went to check on Mikey, all I heard was "*?@#!*". After I wiped the smile off my face, I went in to help clean up. We ended up having to throw away the carpet in the room, even with my Bissell cleaner I couldn't get that oily white mess up from the rug.
Cost of new rug: About $50.00
Watching husband eat his own words: Priceless.... : )
10 comments:
I read your comment on life with a toddler and couldnt help but to wander this way, I have 3 boys, the oldest being 11 months apart, now almost 5 and almost 4, and I have smiled and laughed at loud at some of your entries:-)
Glad to find you!
Amy
LOL!
ooooooh yea. priceless. I know that feeling. ;)
I get tired too sometimes, like I just can't keep up. And a lot of times, I just don't even want to try. Let the world fall apart sometimes, it most likely can be fixed, cleaned, or replaced at a later time anyway.
enjoy bliss whenever or however you can. :D
~sharky
LOL! I love it (mostly...except the $50 part) when that happens!
I hope you can catch up on your rest a little one of these days!
~Tina
I HAD TO LAUGH AT THE THOUGHT OF YOUR KIDS, BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN THERE MANY, MANY TIMES WITH MY TWINS THAT JUST TURNED 2. THERE IS NOT A BABY GATE, CHILD PROOF LOCK AROUND THAT WILL KEEP THEM OUT OF THINGS. JUST SLOWS THEM DOWN A LITTLE BIT MORE. WE ARE NOW DOWN TO DOUBLE BABY GATING THEIR BEDROOM DOOR AT NIGHTTIME, AND NAP TIME TO KEEP THEM SAFELY IN THEIR BEDROOM, AND TO PROTECT THE REST OF THE HOUSE FROM THEM.LOL BEFORE I DID THAT, I HAD MESS AFTER MESS. I CAN'T STAY AWAKE 24 HRS A DAY, SO I HAD TO DO SOMETHING.
MY WORSE MESS WAS CLOSE TO THE BALMEX. IT WAS A 5LB CONTAINER OF BUTTER FROM COSTCO. OF COURSE IT HAD TO BE A BRAND NEW CONTAINER TOO, SO IT WAS ENTIRELY FULL. MURPHY'S LAW: IT CAN'T BE ALMOST EMPTY, SO THERE IS LITTLE MESS. THERE WAS A TRAIL OF IT, FROM THE KITCHEN TO THEIR BEDROOM. OF COURSE THE CARPET IN THE DINING, LIVING, HALLWAY, AND THEIR BEDROOM ALL HAD TO GET NICE N GREASY. THANK GOD FOR THE CARPET CLEANER. IT IS A REQUIRED ITEM WITH BABIES, TODDLERS, AND KIDS. PETS TOO!!
THEN WITH THE HUSBAND PART BEING PRICELESS. IS IT NOT, WHEN THEY MUST EAT THEIR WORDS. MINE HAS SAID SO MANY TIMES THE SAME THING THAT THEY WON'T DO THESE THINGS WHEN HE IS TAKING CARE OF THEM. YEAH, THAT IS WHY I CAN NEVER FIND THE FLOOR WHEN HE HAS BEEN WATCHING THEM. BETWEEN THE MILES AND MILES OF DRY CERAL, TOYS, WRAPPERS, ETC.. I CAN'T SEEM TO SEE THE FLOOR. YES HON, YOU DO SUCH A BETTER JOB OF TAKING CARE OF THEM. HE CAN'T TAKE CARE OF THEM AND KEEP THE HOUSE CLEAN AT THE SAME TIME. THAT IS A FEMALE GIFT WE SEEM TO HAVE.
LOVE YOUR JOURNAL THOUGH, AS IT BRINGS MANY SMILES OF MY OWN HOUSE. ALSO REMINDS ME THAT I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE TURNING GRAY, AND LOSING MY MIND TO THE KAOS.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!
MOMMY OF 4-NALISA 15, KYLE 7, SEBASTIAN 2, AND MELIA 2
WIFE TO ISAAC
PAMELA
Definitely a NYA-NYA-NYA-NYA moment! I remember having 4kids under 7yrs old. Isn't this where toddlers learn the joy of cleaning up Balmex and other interesting substances? And a few megavitamins for MOM.
You hang in there!! Blessings to you, judi
Hee-hee, I really did get a good chuckle out of this entry!!! Sorry about your rug, but man oh man, would I have loved to have seen hubby's face!!! It's when they are quiet that you need to worry the most I always say! :)
Hugs and love, Lisa
I know exactly how that is. I was working 12 hour nights....took a nap....my kids decided to "play" with some white paint they found...it was everywhere!!
Tracie
LOL ~ Oh, you have to love toddlers.
I'm sorry you're feeling so tired. I empathize. Luckily, I am a mommy who can nap with Parker. It's a special part of our afternoon. We lay in the bed and sing songs as we doze off. Best of all, he cuddles right up against me and there isn't a better feeling in the whole world.
Perhaps you should see the doc, Michelle. Just to make sure all is A-OK. Who knows? Maybe you have mono. <grin>
Love,
Bridgett
Timing is everything!! let me guess...you sneaked out there and loosened the lid on the Balmex jar to make it easier for the little one, right?? LOL
Post a Comment